Security Installer Community

Securit 800l+ Contol Panel

sheffield12

My neighbour has installed a Securit 800L+ burgular alarm, with a remote keypad.

The 'Day' light on the keypad is flashing continually. he asked me to check things over, and I can't find anything wrong with the installation. I have read and re-read the installation manual the only reference I can find to day mode is on page 7 and this is a general reference only. I think something has gone wrong in programming/engineering mode but I can't work out what!

Any help. thoughts, guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for reading this.

hi, i have read throught the manual several times also, and like you cannot see any reference to day light flashing, may i suggest you first re-check that it is actually the day light flashing, and not the tamper or pa light, if that fail then there is a tech helpline.. :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Green Day Light Flashing Is'nt That Program Mode

# To Exit

But I Could Be Wrong This time Just Back Of Hols Not Seen An Alarm For A Fortnight

Thanks kka and Barsnake for replying. Sorry for delay in responding but my neighbour has only just got in from work. When we did as you said and pressed # key the Day light stopped flashing and remained steady but tamper light started flashing. We whipped the tamper leads out of the panel and put a meter across them, the circuit is complete. We think we need to power down and go through the power up sequence again but as this causes alarm to sound we are leaving it until tomorrow afternoon, don't want to disturb other neighbours kids who are in bed.

Once again many thanks, will report back.

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks kka and Barsnake for replying. Sorry for delay in responding but my neighbour has only just got in from work. When we did as you said and pressed # key the Day light stopped flashing and remained steady but tamper light started flashing. We whipped the tamper leads out of the panel and put a meter across them, the circuit is complete. We think we need to power down and go through the power up sequence again but as this causes alarm to sound we are leaving it until tomorrow afternoon, don't want to disturb other neighbours kids who are in bed.

Once again many thanks, will report back.

hi sheffield12

is this a brand new install ? if so there may be other tampers open. meter out the external sounder tamper check the cover tamper was closed and was the battery connected ?

Angus

i find that you need to follow the manufactors start up instruction to the word, or else sometime you have teething troubles...let us know how things go today....;

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I think kka is correct about following start up procedures to the letter. We have now done this and things appear to be OK. Did not have time to check out things thoroughly, I am away for the next couple of days but will do final checks etc Friday/Saturday. Once again thanks for all your help it really is appreciated. Will report back over the weekend.

Archived