Security Installer Community

Battery Newbie Queries

terryjacobs

Hi all, go gently on me.

I have the Accenta Optima mini G3 alarm panel. I have wired it all up and it works fine. However this confuses me. When I cut power to the supply in the house (say i'm doing electrical work elsewhere), the alarm goes off. I expect this as teh panel has no battery and the bell box itself has its own backup battery.

So I think I need a backup battery for the panel. Couple of questions. I was recommended a 12V 2.0Amp/hr sealed lead acid battery. Is this the case?

Secondly, they look huge - do they just sit inside the control panel?

Thirdly how long do they last without power?

Finally this may sound the most daft. Is there any way I can turn the power off in the house without setting the alarm off at the moment as I have no battery? i.e disable the bell box somehow?

Thanks in advance. Please be gentle

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

So are the backup batteries normally fitted within the control panel box? Do you just lie them loose? They look huge.

yes, hope you havn't left to much slack on the cables. that panel is a tight fit, when you open it you will see where it should be.

**i take no responsibility for anyone reading this and working on form of electrical equipment or otherwise.

Archived