Security Installer Community

IFSEC 2004

Guest Affinity

Hi guys

nice to meet those of you I did ..... gee Dave and Steve we waited for you :rolleyes: .... thought you were buying the tea.

had a nice night at the honeywell do as well so thanks for that.

Thanks to Colin and Steve k too ... oh and thanks for the freebies Simmo <_<

My head still hurts!!!!!!!!!!!(hungover!)

Just arrived hime after 2 days at IFSEC and two nights partying with the compliments of Honeywell (Intellisense).

It was good to meet you guys (and gal) for real. Some characters are much larger in life than you imagine!! :blink::D !

Found it most interesting, new DVR models flooding the market, having the chance to have systems demo'd etc etc

The hostesses were most impressive (and no it didn't look like they were wearing much beneath!). I became totally logged down with leaflets as I couldn't say no to them or avoid them!

Linda - what happened to you last night? :(

Well worth the visit, and I'll def be going again for two days next year.

Regards...........time for bed now to recover!

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Guest simmo

Yup a good time superb curry the last night.

The hostesses were most impressive (and no it didn't look like they were wearing much beneath!

Have to agree with that comment!

What freebies Linda?

Simmo

Guest dale

Excellent to meet all those who went!

Must admit the nice Korean girls kept getting my attention. And my mate Pete nearly got thrown off the Bosch stand after re-programming their panel and messing with the elderly monitoring recieveing computer.

We only managed to get about half way round, will have to do 2 days next year!

D

Pete - I was there Wednesday and Thursday, we were swamped, didnt even stop for lunch, however, may have been upstairs in our bar givinh away free drinks and nuts! There were sandwiches too if you were quick! Sorry to miss you mate.

I didnt get a chance to wander round, so I'll doa quichk summary of new Cooper stuff. If anyone wants detail, drop me a line.

Class 6 radio:

New smaller PIR, quad PIR, Pet Friendly PIR, Shock sensor, PCB tx to fit in any BGD, RoR heat det, new smaller contact, dual diversity RFX for the hybrid panels (twin antennae).

Telematics (old 4600 series radio)

Moving from 173 Mhz to 868. New long range 4 channel tx, will work on battery alone aswell as 12v psu input. (Farm gates, boats, caravans), recivers all now dual diversity.

All new tx's will be lithium therefore 4-5 year batt life and 10 mw signal output.(Better range)

SD2 speechdialler , sms text messages, restores (no one else does this), remote control of 2 outputs via phone), two way speech, temperature monitoring, 10 phone no's, 4 triggers, memo facility. Call routing.

New M Series Menvier panels, (M890 and M990) Usb ports(38400 baud rate transfer to downloader,16 channel per ward comms outputs, (4 and 8 wards respectivly) etc etc.........

9651(with dd243 upgrade kit), TS590

New domestic radio product7500r,(the one that looked like a Bang and olufsen) class 6, 30 radio zones, 30 radio outputs, inbuld speechdialler, digi modem, social alarm.

And finally, LAN/TCP/IP connection for any of our communicating panels. (we had the only WORKING one, everyone else was showing a mock up.

Now you can see why I was busy!!

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Guest Affinity

the ones i asked you to get me if you got any simmo lol ;)

I missed cooperman coz I was looking for a man in a cape lol :D

I decided to call Colin and go home as my phone was running out of power and I was worried about being left behind on the way there and getting lost :rolleyes: dont know Birmingham at all so would have found it scary trying to find my way around on my own if that happened ... I will make sure I am with someone next time

Ifsec was very interesting and I also would like to say a thankyou to the guys and girls at Honeywell for looking after us very well ;)

Most intruder stuff was very much the same, just down to what features you actually need to use and as to what a customer will be willing to pay.

I agree about the blue leds....... R&D gone mad...doesn't really bring anything to the party.

Was impressed with the new Menvier SD2- this will go down well with the customers and the flexibillity that it brings to us installers is even better, built with Menviers reliabillity......a product that I reckon is going to take some beating and not forgetting the new markets that it will open us installers up to, also the SD3 launching late July early August totally GSM based with the same features as the SD2 and pricing that will give some of the other GSM notification products a serious run for their money.

Menvier also had a there IPsignalling system up and running on a new RADIO panel that has been developed to be class 6 and to compete with the likes of the DSC envoy and Powermax etc, certainly one to watch if you want a product that will look the part in any home. The Ip signalling was demonstrated and again this was a live test over the internet. The system is being trialed by three central ARC's at the moment and apparently it integrates seemlessly without any hardware and only needs a software add-on, so the cost of monitoring shouldn't need to increase but we will have to wait and see what the IP hardware boards and panels will cost.

Honeywell were exibiting for the first time since all there brands came under one banner, of interest was the new Galant panel and there home automation panels from there other markets. Galaxy is due for some changes with the advent of EN50131 biggest one that i saw was the introduction of a new PCB with added features.

EN50131 - Generally the opinion was that we will all have to wait, with the dual running period likely to be extended even further.

CCTV was generally as before, manufacturers all competing to introduce the cheapest dvr or the one with the best features. Again we are spoilt for choice but this is a market that needs some serious stabilisation and possibly even a product standard that all products need to meet, so that the compliance and suitabillity is taken out of the installers hands. IP is still the buzzword and ever increasing range of products is hitting the market place and the influx of companies from the far eat was very evident but the majority of them had very similiar products, possibly even identical but all had differing costs, again the market needs to stabilise.

And yes I have to agree that the Girls on the LJD stand did attract a lot of interest, it was also nice to meet a few of you from the forums and Dale I did think you would be taller in real life :lol:

Colin.

IP is still the buzzword and ever increasing range of products is hitting the market place and the influx of companies from the far eat was very evident but the majority of them had very similiar products

Colin, your stomach ruling you again!!!

lol

:D

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Archived