Security Installer Community

Galaxy Rkp

chalky

Hi guys/girls and Angus just kidding have recently installed a galaxy panel in a remote part of a power station all works fine with no problems. Amazing i hear you all cry and you dont even know me. The problem is they have asked for a RKP to be located in the control room some 500m away There is no way to cable to it as there is 2 fences and few service roads in the way not to mention a sub station. But there is a 50 core SLV armoured cable that links both buildings this cable is sound and has no faults and is not used.connected 12v and had very little volt drop (Mvs). My question is do honeywell make a line driver for Data or something like an optocopler (Lan isolator)as its not twisted screened cable and do not want noise or corruption on data line or is there something else i could use.

thanks matt

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Why not just test it first!

Rig it up, double, triple or quadruple up your cores (you've got plenty) use the armour as the screen then go to diagnostics and check your communication if it's 100% :rolleyes: BINGO :rolleyes: if not don't use it.

Honeywell would never approve of it but I have seen a 520 running 3 Rio's down a 2.5mm SWA and was working fine :(

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Why not just test it first!

Rig it up, double, triple or quadruple up your cores (you've got plenty) use the armour as the screen then go to diagnostics and check your communication if it's 100% :rolleyes: BINGO :rolleyes: if not don't use it.

Honeywell would never approve of it but I have seen a 520 running 3 Rio's down a 2.5mm SWA and was working fine :(

same as

dont worry about volt drop, just stick local psu in

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Just worried about noise on the data line as systen is nice and stable. But would like to protect installation from Electrical spikes on data line. E.g. somthing like a lightnig supressor thats put in the botton of a camera pole.

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE JUST ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION THERE. a furz lightnig suppressor. Dam im good Lol.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Guest anguscanplay
Just worried about noise on the data line as systen is nice and stable. But would like to protect installation from Electrical spikes on data line. E.g. somthing like a lightnig supressor thats put in the botton of a camera pole.

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE JUST ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION THERE. a furz lightnig suppressor. Dam im good Lol.

see FCE and apply for trade mate - I`ll vouch for your sense of humour

Archived