Security Installer Community

12 Camera Cctv Install Discussion

kai

IP camera system is convenient. If you want to be cheaper, you can choose 1/4 CCD sensor not 1/3 CCD sensor.

Of course, a DVR and analogue cameras is cheaper, but it is not more convenient

I'm planning on doing an install that will involve 11 CCTV cameras with one external camera. (12 cameras in total).

There are a few things that are absolutely neccessary:

- The system must be remotely viewable

- I would prefer that no specific client software is needed. The best solution would be just being able to access Internet Explorer from the client and that would be it. (I don't even like activeX, but it may be a neccessary evil).

I am undecided whether to go with a dedicated DVR with analogue cameras or to implement it as a PC system with IP cameras.

The main thing is that cameras require power and dealing with that just seems so troublesome. Therefore I am considering going the power over ethernet (POE) route. I think that I can just about be bothered to get one cable acress to the camera :P Going this way I think that I am limited to IP cameras only and then it would make sense to use a PC as the DVR.

The other thing weighing on my mind is that analogue cameras are cheaper and a dedicated DVR is more simple to deal with. It's just the power cables to deal with.

The system is just at the planning stage - however, there will definetely be a PC at the site (with LAN) no matter the CCTV system I decide, which makes me consider the first option.

I am fairly new to the CCTV game, so I would appreciate any opinions. Also, especially with dedicated DVRs, any recommendations as to which models would suit my needs would be greatly appreciated.

My budget must absolutely not exceed

This is jefinny from Rekeen Electronics, I'd like to share any information about Security surveillance system, CCTV camera with you.

http://www.cctvrekeen.com

Archived