Security Installer Community

Compact Sl

bert86

Hi folks,

I've done a quick search on here and couldn't see any thread with a similar problem, hopefully some kind soul can help! I've moved into a new house which has a Compact SL or SL Compact alarm, which on searching is similar to the SL8, so using the user guide I have set the code to my own choice. But whenever I type in the code at base (when the day and power lights are on and no others) it has a "broken" beep and Zone 1 lights up red. So I hit Chime and chose Zone 1, waved my hands about until I found the Zone 1 detector in the kitchen, took it off the wall and the wiring seems fine going into the box. But still the alarm will not set, because of some problem with Zone 1, could anyone give me a wee bit of help, as I've done all obvious bits n bobs from the manual?!? cheers!

Bert.

Guest anguscanplay
Hi folks,

I've done a quick search on here and couldn't see any thread with a similar problem, hopefully some kind soul can help! I've moved into a new house which has a Compact SL or SL Compact alarm, which on searching is similar to the SL8, so using the user guide I have set the code to my own choice. But whenever I type in the code at base (when the day and power lights are on and no others) it has a "broken" beep and Zone 1 lights up red. So I hit Chime and chose Zone 1, waved my hands about until I found the Zone 1 detector in the kitchen, took it off the wall and the wiring seems fine going into the box. But still the alarm will not set, because of some problem with Zone 1, could anyone give me a wee bit of help, as I've done all obvious bits n bobs from the manual?!? cheers!

Bert.

Hi Bert welcome to the forum , imo if you dont have a test meter your always going to struggle to cure faults like this - first point if its always showing fault on c1 then it isnt going to chime if you wave your hand infront of it so I would question if it is the kitchen sensor - have a look if you have any door contacts that are out of line instead , otherwise ring a good local engineer

regards

Angus

Hi folks,

Bert.

Bert, find the front door contact, usually in or on the frame of the door and hold a magnet next to it. you may need help. with the magnet in place, try setting it. if the tone is constant and the l.e.d. is out, the zone is identified and clear. if it does not clear, it may not be this zone, or the zone has a fault. this is as far as the easy stuff goes I'm afraid. try that with any door contacts you can find. if it doesn't clear, call a reputable company.

cheers for the replies! I didn't realise there are sensors in the doors! The front door is double glazed and always sticks, like takes real welly to open it and close it! I reckon that could be the fault, I'll get a pro to look at it. Anyone recommend a decent co in Liverpool?

cheers for the replies! I didn't realise there are sensors in the doors! The front door is double glazed and always sticks, like takes real welly to open it and close it! I reckon that could be the fault, I'll get a pro to look at it. Anyone recommend a decent co in Liverpool?

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=235

here you go

Archived