Security Installer Community

Screened Cable For Galaxy System

cjd

hi there, a finally getting round to wiring my galaxy RKP's with screed cable instead of normal alarm cable!! (yes i know it was the wrong cable but have just managed to get hold of some belden cable). Was just wondering where the "screened sheath" part of the cable should go with regards to the main pcb and RKP. The cable is 4 core paired.

hi there, a finally getting round to wiring my galaxy RKP's with screed cable instead of normal alarm cable!! (yes i know it was the wrong cable but have just managed to get hold of some belden cable). Was just wondering where the "screened sheath" part of the cable should go with regards to the main pcb and RKP. The cable is 4 core paired.

as long as it is mains rated earth it at the panel.

Just strip it back, cut off the stuff the looks like tin foil and terminate the uninsulated screen wire to the earth post near the lower right corner of the PCB (there should be an accessory pack with a couple of nuts that will screw onto these posts)

For future reference, Honeywell have stated that beldon is not required on runs shorter than 20m (I think that's the figure anyway)

Trade Member

Just strip it back, cut off the stuff the looks like tin foil and terminate the uninsulated screen wire to the earth post near the lower right corner of the PCB (there should be an accessory pack with a couple of nuts that will screw onto these posts)

For future reference, Honeywell have stated that beldon is not required on runs shorter than 20m (I think that's the figure anyway)

100m i think, although i'm not a galaxy lover.

"Just strip it back, cut off the stuff the looks like tin foil and terminate the uninsulated screen wire to the earth post near the lower right corner of the PCB (there should be an accessory pack with a couple of nuts that will screw onto these posts)" - as it shows in your manual, you do have a manual, don't you?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

"Just strip it back, cut off the stuff the looks like tin foil and terminate the uninsulated screen wire to the earth post near the lower right corner of the PCB (there should be an accessory pack with a couple of nuts that will screw onto these posts)" - as it shows in your manual, you do have a manual, don't you?

dont have a manual, but even tho this is not a "DIY" panel, have got eng code, and have installed it with a little advice from some of the guys from here. see previous postings!!

Archived