Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

Dobiesmon

Hi all

Our alarm goes off intermittley sometimes when you switch the kitchen light on or the tv or for no reason at all , The house alarm is off I think and its only the outside shed on all the time ( which should bleep if the shed door is open but it does not )

question I have the Manual can I switch the whole thing off .

I do not have the engineer code will this matter.

Hi all

Our alarm goes off intermittley sometimes when you switch the kitchen light on or the tv or for no reason at all , The house alarm is off I think and its only the outside shed on all the time ( which should bleep if the shed door is open but it does not )

question I have the Manual can I switch the whole thing off .

I do not have the engineer code will this matter.

hi,

the quick answer is no you can't. due to battery connections ect. you would have to have the system de-commissioned by an engineer.

Or better still have it serviced, it won't cost the earth and you will be left with a operational system.

Guest anguscanplay

hi there

you would really need the experiance of a competant engineer ( was that phrased right for the latest site pedants i wonder lol ) to de-commision an alarm system and for obvious reasons we couldnt describe howe to do it on a public forum , but as my learned friend says above its always worth gettting them set up and working again rather than disabling

Respect

Angus

hi there

you would really need the experiance of a competant engineer ( was that phrased right for the latest site pedants i wonder lol ) to de-commision an alarm system and for obvious reasons we couldnt describe howe to do it on a public forum , but as my learned friend says above its always worth getting them set up and working again rather than disabling

Respect

Angus

oh! flipping heck,

i'm nearly lost for words, as it looks like Angus has 'sold out' and gone all 'pc', and even forgotten about his trade mark batteries advice hmmm hmmmmm??? :rolleyes:

lol

agreed get it fixed is far better advice than disconnecting it, doubt it would cost very much more to do so if the kit is ok, as it would seem your standby battery has died.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
oh! flipping heck,

i'm nearly lost for words, as it looks like Angus has 'sold out' and gone all 'pc', and even forgotten about his trade mark batteries advice hmmm hmmmmm??? :rolleyes:

lol

regs

alan

didnt want to take the risk of Dingle taking me to task ( ooh scary ) for been unhelpful lol though oddly enough three of us have now been

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Well Thanks to alterEGO he came out and found the alarm needed a new control panel but did switch of the internial alarm , but later that night the outside one went off so he had to come back the following day and the whole lot was de-commissioned by an engineer.

so will have a new control panel when I have saved the money . ;)

Guest anguscanplay
Hi

Well Thanks to alterEGO he came out and found the alarm needed a new control panel but did switch of the internial alarm , but later that night the outside one went off so he had to come back the following day and the whole lot was de-commissioned by an engineer.

so will have a new control panel when I have saved the money . ;)

cool glad its sorted for now, gives you time to make the right choice - make sure you get three quotes for your new system from reputable local firms

Angus

Archived