Security Installer Community

Thoughts Please

welshnomad

Hi All

Although Cyprus is advertised as a low crime area, crime is certainly on the increase especially since Cyprus joined the EU. I am therefore planning to install my own alarm system. I have experience in large security installations, the largest having a perimeter of 28Km, 200+ dual-sensor perimeter zones, 200+ cameras, 3 (zoned) control rooms and 1 master control room but have little experience of domestic installs.

The walls and floors/ceilings of my house are steel reinforced concrete. Floors are ceramic tiles. Skirtings are a continuation of the ceramic tiling. How would you professionals install the system bearing in mind you always state that you hide the cabling. I really don't fancy trunking all over the place and there's the additional difficulty of getting from downstairs to upstairs. My choice for a clean install would be wireless but I worry about the attenuation due to the steel reinforcement. Repeaters?

What do those of you who install wireless systems use to test signal strength.

I am considering the Powermax+ range of equipment. I would welcome your thoughts. However, the bell box for the powermax requires a dedicated power supply I believe. Is there a wireless system where the bell box does not need a dedicated supply?

cheers

Ken

Archived