Security Installer Community

Alternatives To Powermax+ (oxon/northants Area)

JonJ

I shall be moving into rented accommodation in about 4 weeks time, and would like to put in a system comprising a control panel (incorporating key pad), 4 PIRs, 3 door contacts, 2 smoke alarms and 1 external sounder

My 3 key requirements are:

1. Wire free ( - the landlord will probably not agree to a wired system)
  2. Ability to incorporate smoke detectors.
  3. Wire free, battery-operated external sounder.

Powermax+ is the only system that I

Wireless does not go higher than a grade 2.

Powermax is good stuff although the panel looks naff.

Ive switched to using wisdom, trade only gear tho.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

IMO, you would be better to go with a wired hybrid system, eg gardtec 490x or 595.

this allows wired and wireless sensors. theyare more stable.

with this you would need to wire the bell box and rkp. but you could do this with little to no hastle. and all the rest could be wireless.

much better system then.

2GT.B.01-ControlP-GT490x-b.jpg

Many thanks for the quick replies.

with this you would need to wire the bell box and rkp. but you could do this with little to no hastle.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the landlord would be happy with the wires going through the wall.

Wireless does not go higher than a grade 2.

I've heard that. I was wondering whether that was fundamental to wire free, or are whether we just waiting for someone to bring out a better system. I understand that the Powermax+ is Class V wire free. Are there any Class VI systems that would meet my 3 requirements?

Ive switched to using wisdom, trade only gear tho.

I did look at Wisdom, but got the impression reading through some of the postings on this forum that Wisdom was less good than Powermax+. How do you think they compare in practice?

Wisdom has better programming, very similar to a hard wired system. the control panel is better looking but the detectors do not look as good the visonic.

I shouldnt worry about the classes.

My risco salesman tells me some installers do not like the wisdom coz its to hard to programme, utter rubbish its an absolute peice of pee to programme and probably the most reliable on the market, although i have never had a problem with the visonic.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived