Security Installer Community

Internal Sounder Connections

ok, This is what i've done!

I've wired the CP to the Ext Bell as peviously described and joined the Int Bells (using a junction box) + to 'internal + and the Int Bell - to 'internal -'.

All seems to work. When I do a bell test the Internal alarm rings when the strobe flashes, therfort if we have an alarm activation and the ext bell times out but the strobe keeps flashing the int bell will continue to ring. Is this the norm??

Guest anguscanplay

I've wired the CP to the Ext Bell as peviously described and joined the Int Bells (using a junction box) + to 'internal + and the Int Bell - to 'internal -'.

All seems to work. When I do a bell test the Internal alarm rings when the strobe flashes, therfort if we have an alarm activation and the ext bell times out but the strobe keeps flashing the int bell will continue to ring. Is this the norm??

its one way to do it but we as a company never allow the internal siren to continue past the bell cut off time - the new rules even have to allow for the strobe light to stop after the set time now , all to do with noise / light pollution laws

Angus

a little trick ppl used to do, if a do i takeover and its been done the first thing i do is move it over to bell. can put off a call with a flashing strobe but not a sounder going non-stop. also unfair to neighbours.

a little trick ppl used to do, if a do i takeover and its been done the first thing i do is move it over to bell. can put off a call with a flashing strobe but not a sounder going non-stop. also unfair to neighbours.

Good point alterEGO, Il move the internal bell '+ and -' to the ext bell connections.

Archived