Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Bell Box Connections

Please Help guys.

I'm just switching an old veritas 8c panel in my house to a nice spanking new Optima.I mounted the new panel but I'm not sure how to connect the bells.

I dont want to randomly mess around with the wires till i get a result cos that could leed to more problems I think. ( fuses blowing ect.)

The bell label connections on the old veritas are

A

B

C

D

S

( The C & D has a link symbol round them on the PCB )

Does anyone what these letters would translate as, for standard bellbox connections -

i.e. -B, +B, Trig, Tam // or // -R -Ve +Ve -S ect.

The other thing is I noticed a couple of the PIR's wired to the veritas only had one wire per zone coming back to the veritas zone before i disconnected (and not 2 wire loop). ( was I imagining this cos I had a heavy night on the beer the night before or Does anyone know how that would be possible? )

Thanks for the reply guys

P.S. I'm well versed in fire systems , fault finding so I'm happy to share knoledge with anyone who has a problem in that area

Hey Advanced Als. thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I got a feeling it's junction box city under the floor upstares

Have you ever seen any alarms run like that on the zones before ?

yes, normally DELETED BY MOD.

they are using a + return. there will be a junction upstairs[normally top stair of stair case] where they could have one half of the alarm pair from each PIR joined to the + aux supply. and the other leg connected to one core of the 8 core going back to the panel. the core going back to the panel is then connected to the neg(-) side of each zone terminal.

thus giving the PIR the poz(+) return and allowing many detectors off one 8 core.

Re-wire it all.

Poor way of doing things.

If i see a company who i know does this trick i refuse to work on their systems. Recommend new system before entering property.

One customer i installed a wireless system for last week, said the alarm company who quoted before me, got all stroppy because they had laminate floors everywhere, however they did get to install their blinds. Probably got them a taxi too. (manchester joke)

Poor way of doing things.

If i see a company who i know does this trick i refuse to work on their systems. Recommend new system before entering property.

One customer i installed a wireless system for last week, said the alarm company who quoted before me, got all stroppy because they had laminate floors everywhere, however they did get to install their blinds. Probably got them a taxi too. (manchester joke)

and she could now have her carpets cleaned chris.;)

its Aaron by the way mate

yes, normally DELETED BY MOD.

they are using a + return. there will be a junction upstairs[normally top stair of stair case] where they could have one half of the alarm pair from each PIR joined to the + aux supply. and the other leg connected to one core of the 8 core going back to the panel. the core going back to the panel is then connected to the neg(-) side of each zone terminal.

thus giving the PIR the poz(+) return and allowing many detectors off one 8 core.

Re-wire it all.

cheers for getting involved in the thread.

all to save a couple of quid ona bit of wire and an extra hour of time.

i bet they didn't even sweep up after themselves

Archived