Security Installer Community

Optima Xm

davec

Hi,

I am looking for some expert advice with regards to my Optima XM alarm. Just recently we have experienced some power cuts during the night and the alarm has been going off. The control panel is dead when the power drops so I assume there is an issue with the back up battery ? I have a few questions I hope someone can answer for me -

Is there anyway of stopping the alarm when the power goes off ? Where is it getting the power from to go off anyway ?

How easy would it be to check the battery / replace ? I opened the front panel and it started beeping and showing tamper so I closed again.

Any advice would be appreciated, as power cuts these days seem increasingly common.

Thanks

Dave

not really as it gets the power from the battery built into the bellbox, you really need an engineer to check the internal panel

battery as it sounds like its not holding the charge during power cuts

Depends if you are in the trade as to check the battery current you need a ACT tester and a multimeter to check the charging voltage.

The amount of power cuts really depends on the area you live ie town/cities shouldnt be that frequent but country side maybe.

What has living out in the sticks got to do with power cuts??

If the battery has not been changed in the last 3-4 years, just change it. Sounds like the board has survived the power cuts.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Hi,

I am looking for some expert advice with regards to my Optima XM alarm. Just recently we have experienced some power cuts during the night and the alarm has been going off. The control panel is dead when the power drops so I assume there is an issue with the back up battery ? I have a few questions I hope someone can answer for me -

Is there anyway of stopping the alarm when the power goes off ? Where is it getting the power from to go off anyway ?

How easy would it be to check the battery / replace ? I opened the front panel and it started beeping and showing tamper so I closed again.

Any advice would be appreciated, as power cuts these days seem increasingly common.

Thanks

Dave

Easy callout someone who knows what they are doing! i.e an alarm company

Hi,

Thanks

Dave

Hi Mate,

open the box (internal alarm goes off), change the battery (yuasa 2.8Ah) close the lid, enter code , press reset, job done

Guest anguscanplay
the charging circuit may well have blown on this, they often do.

weird thing is i wery rarely see it - maybe 1 in 250 jobs

Archived