Security Installer Community

Old Veritas Alarm

Bob101

I've just moved into a house where there's an old Veritas alarm and the previous owner didn't know anything about it.

Luckily, the main code had never been changed, so when I called the Technical support at Texecom they were able to help me change it. However, I was wondering if anyone had an old user manual, as the ones on their website are for the new versions. It seems to be an older version of the R8 and is probably at least ten years old.

Also, looking over this messageboard, people seem to recommend getting the alarm serviced - since that's probably never been done it's about time. I live in Manchester - any recommendations about what to look for in a company or who to choose?

Thanks for reading - and for your help if you can. I'd really appreciate it.

Bob

I've just moved into a house where there's an old Veritas alarm and the previous owner didn't know anything about it.

Luckily, the main code had never been changed, so when I called the Technical support at Texecom they were able to help me change it. However, I was wondering if anyone had an old user manual, as the ones on their website are for the new versions. It seems to be an older version of the R8 and is probably at least ten years old.

Also, looking over this messageboard, people seem to recommend getting the alarm serviced - since that's probably never been done it's about time. I live in Manchester - any recommendations about what to look for in a company or who to choose?

Bob

I have sent you a message.

best regards

Bob

I would reccomend any of the below:

Nova Security Systems Ltd

Protex Alarms And Cctv

Wolf Security

JB Eye

Contact details here:Here As with most things in life dont rush making the descision to first guy who contacts you, you won't go wrong with the above.

Guest anguscanplay
I would reccomend any of the below:

Nova Security Systems Ltd

Protex Alarms And Cctv

Wolf Security

JB Eye

Contact details here:Here As with most things in life dont rush making the descision to first guy who contacts you, you won't go wrong with the above.

subtle but effective

as Mr Alarmgard said any of the above

As with most things in life dont rush making the descision to first guy who contacts you, you won't go wrong with the above.

or take it as it was offered, advice. don't worry about the sly jabs from erm.....i won't go there. not recommending BOSS anymore Colin? :whistle:

Guest anguscanplay
Ditto

???? what did i say wrong?

i trust you had messaged the poster to say " i would love to help but i`m only a humble employee , heres my bosses number " seems that others may have thought differently hmmm

Archived