Security Installer Community

Texexcom Veritas R8 Plus

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help with an issue i am having with my texecom Veritas R8 plus .. ..

I installed this alarm last summer and it has worked fine since i installed it. I have the R8 Plus Control Panel, and 3 RKP's. Two of the RKP'S are the LED versions and the other has an LCD screen.

Anyway, the other day i was looking at the log via the LCD RKP, for a reason unknown the RKP froze, and I was unable to communicate with the system via the other 2 RKP's.

I decided to restart the system by unplugging from the mains and removing the battery.

After i restarted the system the fuse for the RKP's (500 mA) had blown. I replaced this with a spare, now there is a constant tamper light on all RKP's when i boot up the system.

I have tried to resolve the issue by checking the tamper line .. i have put a short it on the control panel so that i can be sure that is not the reason for the tamper light.

I am unsure why this is ...

All the RKP's are on, have power, and can communicate with the system, however the tamper light always remains on.

I had never had a problem until now.

Can anybody help please ?

Thanks, Tom.

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help with an issue i am having with my texecom Veritas R8 plus .. ..

I installed this alarm last summer and it has worked fine since i installed it. I have the R8 Plus Control Panel, and 3 RKP's. Two of the RKP'S are the LED versions and the other has an LCD screen.

Anyway, the other day i was looking at the log via the LCD RKP, for a reason unknown the RKP froze, and I was unable to communicate with the system via the other 2 RKP's.

I decided to restart the system by unplugging from the mains and removing the battery.

After i restarted the system the fuse for the RKP's (500 mA) had blown. I replaced this with a spare, now there is a constant tamper light on all RKP's when i boot up the system.

I have tried to resolve the issue by checking the tamper line .. i have put a short it on the control panel so that i can be sure that is not the reason for the tamper light.

I am unsure why this is ...

All the RKP's are on, have power, and can communicate with the system, however the tamper light always remains on.

I had never had a problem until now.

Can anybody help please ?

Thanks, Tom.

is the mains connection on a PLUG TOP?

Guest anguscanplay
is the mains connection on a PLUG TOP?

part p requirment ? lol

is the keypad responding - any lights or key tones?

Guest anguscanplay
No, the mains connection is a proper connection taken form a spur.

The Keypad now responds and i am able to communicate with the system, however the tamper light remains.

Thanks =]] Tom

could it be possible you got a tamper situation at the time you were reading the log - meter out all the others too , especially the bellbox with the weather we have been having and was it the keypad tamper you linked out ?

Guest anguscanplay
I have linked out all the tampers.

The keypads dont have tamper, they have four connections, +12v -O , Transmit, receive.

Tom.

check the back tamper again on the lcd keypad

Guest anguscanplay
What do you mean by the back tamper... the microswitch that settis the tamper off if the keypad is opened ?

Thanks, Tom.

yep seems the logical place to start - you pressing the buttons hard ?

Archived