Security Installer Community

A1 Aj600n - Help Before I Take A Cricket Bat To It

Hi

Think it looks like someone else just posted about this system - we moved into our house last year, and have never used the alarm. occasionally it has gone off of its own accord..I assumed this was somehow because we have a big problem with damp in one of the walls..but it stopped after a while.

anyway..from about 11pm tonights(now nearlt 3am) - every 10 mins or so the alarm is going off..but not properly. I think the normal sound is a 2 tone alarm..this is just a high pitched wail..almost sounds like when something is runningout of batteries..and the pitch chnages slighlty..stays on for about a minute or so..then goes off (sometimes with the pitch getting higher towards the end, as if it's trying ot squeeze out its last breathe) - and its totally doing my head in, God knows what the neighbours think! When it's going off, nothing is lighting up on the panel at all..the only thing on is the green mains light..and when I put in the code (handily written on the actual panel by the previous owners(?!?!?)) it doesnt do anything..and we have to wait til it stops on its own. Unless with our faffing about we've managed to reset the codes back to the originals?

we don't have any info for the alarm at all..I just want to make it shut up in the first instance..without causing too much damage to it i guess..though the mood im in now, i dont care! i just want to sleep

thanks for any advice

Sara

my advice only. the problems you are having, i would go out and get some quotes for a new one asap. new house new alarm, problems the previous owners left you all sorted :rolleyes:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest Dave the alarm man
Help Before I Take A Cricket Bat To It

yes a Gunn & Moore onje should be ideal for the job :P

Thanks

Too late I guess to repair this one anyway now..partner got ladders out and smashed it off the wall at 5am. am not happy! I've not idea if he was likely to be electrocuted or anything! plus he's not left it with the circuit board and stuff just exposed to the rain..so dont know if anytning bad will happen.

Thanks anyway

Sara

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks

Too late I guess to repair this one anyway now..partner got ladders out and smashed it off the wall at 5am. am not happy! I've not idea if he was likely to be electrocuted or anything! plus he's not left it with the circuit board and stuff just exposed to the rain..so dont know if anytning bad will happen.

Thanks anyway

Sara

nah best case the fuse will blow if there too much wet worst case every passing villain knows youve got no alarm now

local engineer today ?

agree with angus, just for a change.............. :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay
agree with angus, just for a change.............. :whistle:

she lives near me !!!!!!

please please please I`ll beg lol

Archived