Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9100

Hello

Recently moved house and after HOURS on the net I have finally worked out that the alarm box is a scantronic 9100 (there was no user manual and no name on outside box etc)

I wanted to change the numbers to arm/disarm the alarm but have been told that only an engineer can do this-the alarm company who installed it want a 100 quid to come out and "service" the system and change the number

My questions:

Is there a way to change the number myself??

Is it a big undertaking/cost to "remove" the scantronic box and replace it with a more user friendly control box??? If so, is any alarm engineer be able to do it or should I go with the company that installed the system? If it is possible is there any particular system I should be thinking of changing it to

Thanks in anticipation of any advice

Hello

Recently moved house and after HOURS on the net I have finally worked out that the alarm box is a scantronic 9100 (there was no user manual and no name on outside box etc)

I wanted to change the numbers to arm/disarm the alarm but have been told that only an engineer can do this-the alarm company who installed it want a 100 quid to come out and "service" the system and change the number

My questions:

Is it a big undertaking/cost to "remove" the scantronic box and replace it with a more user friendly control box??? If so, is any alarm engineer be able to do it or should I go with the company that installed the system? If it is possible is there any particular system I should be thinking of changing it to

changing the single user code is from an engineers option only on this panel unfortunately, so get a price from the original installer and from a few others local.

what it would cost though to replace it, is a a matter of risk a risk assessment to you particular needs.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

changing the single user code is from an engineers option only on this panel unfortunately, so get a price from the original installer and from a few others local.

what it would cost though to replace it, is a a matter of risk a risk assessment to you particular needs.

regs

alan

Thank you-in principal is it a "feasible" thing to replace the panel and have a new control panel linked into the existing window sensors etc??

Guest anguscanplay
Hello

My questions:

it is an engineer function on this panel - its very old but still servicable and

Thank you-in principal is it a "feasible" thing to replace the panel and have a new control panel linked into the existing window sensors etc??

no reason that a new panel can not be slotted in to replace your old one, as long as the condition of cables and detectors is good.

if the panel is working ok (and an engineer tests it to be so), why go to that expense? it is a good well respected panel, i have countless ones still working which i initially built my buisness on and still fully opertional as designed.

at the end of the day any basic system sounds a siren, and the 9100 will do that easily. what you would gain is the ability to change your codes and some easier to use facilities like chime and several part set's (depending on panel chosen).

the system is over 5 years old (so most likely the siren is to) have the external siren checked, and replaced if it as not got it's own inbuilt cut off timer (this timer is in addition to the controls cut off timer).

i'd would expect the cost of a visit would include complete reprogramming as the engineers code isnot known, he shoukd test things like charging, standby batts correct operation and avise you of any improvements which you might need in his view.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived