Security Installer Community

Galaxy G3 Unset Via Keypad Prob

jezf

Hi all, in the process of installing a Galaxy G3 for residential use, bells only. Large panel but needed autoset timers. Have engineer code and programming and installation manuals, and have read up a lot about the system.

I am able to go in and out of engineer mode ok, with no tampers. I have wired one sensor across zone 1 as Final, and the rest have 1k resistors across them and are unused.

When I set the alarm and trigger the final zone as part of the set process, this works fine. But upon unsetting via trigger of zone 1, the keypad does not register on the screen that the entry has been triggered (although it does beep continuously). The keypad wont let me enter any codes until the entry timer has timed out, only then can I unset the system. It seems the keypad is locked out during the entry time. The keypad is wired fine, with the resistor across the terminals.

However, if I let the system set without triggering zone 1 during the set process, I am able to enter a code via the keypad to unset the system.

How can I rectify this?

Thank you

this is due to new regs and you req a fob/prox tag to unset during the entry time (if you hav'nt started the time you are still able to use code but can't think of a situation that that would be required )or you can if not comunicating the panel switch that part off( would have to look up manual as not a big user of galaxy)

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

go to option-parameters, then go to. this will enable the keypad on entry.

hope this helps... :)

have edited this post as i felt it gave to much programming advice especially as this is the public area

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

go to option 51-parameters, then go to keypad access, change to always. this will enable the keypad on entry.

Thank you so much guys, i will check this out soon and let you know how it goes

go to option 51-parameters, then go to keypad access, change to always. this will enable the keypad on entry.

Yes that solved the problem, however upon entry, the keypad does not show any visual notification. I would expect a count down, similar to the set procedure. Can this be resolved?

Yes that solved the problem, however upon entry, the keypad does not show any visual notification. I would expect a count down, similar to the set procedure. Can this be resolved?

No, The keypad will always remain blank until it is unset via a fob or (if the kepad is enabled during entry) a code is used.

Archived