Security Installer Community

Da Sytems Abacus Fault

neilf

Just one to my previous !

if you have no experience with what goes on in side the end station,

i would advise you call someone in to default the codes for you,

because there is A.C voltages inside and could possibly be an early wake !

and no one wants that ! before there time.

Guest anguscanplay
Just in reply to your post !

if you have checked that all the devices are clear then ! you will need to check you have the master code

you can not reset the alarm with out it ! enter code, set sytem ? yes ! starts to set enter code, if alarm remains

go into to engineer (if you have code) change reset to engineer come back out and reset ! one or more of your

circuits may be programmed as eng reset.

Failing this follow defaulting codes procedure simple to do if you are within 14 secs from endstation and Rkp.

Reprogramme a master user code, this will then give you the authority to reset.

B Lucky !!

b lucky that you dont loose all the existing programming, alter some thing without knowing et etc

just a word of caution

angus

have you not got the users amnual for this panel?

if so it should help you with how to operate the finer points and what the displays mean

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Many thanks for all your useful suggestions and help.

The 'Operating Instructions' guide that I have does not shed that much light on what the problem may be, but after a browse through the installation manuals that I have managed to get hold of I get a better idea of what may be going on. Following all your comments the plan of action is;

1) Press

Maintenance Agreements

The system was installed by the previous owners of the property, and there was a maintenance agreement with a local firm. I had the alarm covered for a year after buying the property, in which time the alarm firm shut down (presumably went bust) and I didn't look for another company. The strategy was to pay only when it when wrong and in the last 5 years I've called out one engineer from a different firm when the internal buzzer speaker died. After rigging up a new speaker, he also did a full check on the system and I paid him for his work. It's possible that not having an agreement in place for the last 5 years will finally come home to roost and hit me in the pocket, but then again there is a good chance it might not! It's quite likely that a local firm will get some work in this case so if there are any engineers out there who can fix the system please feel free to get in touch. Postcode is HA46 (Middlesex). Thanks...

Guest Dave the alarm man
The strategy was to pay only when it when wrong

but is it worth the risk? you do realise if you had a contract it would (or should) have been mended within 4 hrs of your call :hmm: a sobering thought!

chack if the panic button has been " reset " - is it in ? did you need to turn a key ?

i think the engineer access is for allowing the engineer into the system as apposed to changing the engineer code so it may be a bit of a red herring as you have been able to reset the alarm before

angus

Anguscanplay was spot on. The panic alarm in one of the bedrooms was pressed in and could only be released with the key (doh!). The 'engineer access' was a complete red herring as many people suggested. I didn't bother resetting the system to reset the engineer code in the end. Many thanks for everyones helpful suggestions.

Anguscanplay was spot on. The panic alarm in one of the bedrooms was pressed in and could only be released with the key (doh!). The 'engineer access' was a complete red herring as many people suggested. I didn't bother resetting the system to reset the engineer code in the end. Many thanks for everyones helpful suggestions.

He's going to get such a big head now and be unbearable! :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived