Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 Zones

johnrid

I have a zone 2 set on my alarm, having had some work done on the house I now need to omit one sensor from zone 2 but can't find anything in the manual to help.

I have eng code, can anyone explain what I need to do or where I can find the info.

Thanks

John

I have a zone 2 set on my alarm, having had some work done on the house I now need to omit one sensor from zone 2 but can't find anything in the manual to help.

I have eng code, can anyone explain what I need to do or where I can find the info.

Thanks

John

hi,

please can you give us a little more detail.

do you have more then one sensor on zone two?

Guest anguscanplay

Thanks

John

hi there you need to be trade vetted to get this kind of information due to current forum rules , maybe use the search button above and see if that helps

Guest anguscanplay
On zone 2 is the entrance door, and two pir's. I want to remove one pir from the zone (we now have a cat).

John

sorry but you sure you mean zone two and not part set two either way its in the engineer programming

Guest anguscanplay
Ahh, yes, thats what I mean, part set two.

You must have met customers like me many times. Sorry

John

every day johnrid , every day

either way if you have the eng code you should be able to work it out , if you cant please get a guy in to do it and check all the rest of the settings

sorry but you sure you mean zone two and not part set two either way its in the engineer programming

as angus said it is a feature that can only be changed via programming.

your best bet maybe to do a full set removing unwanted zones, although this is alot of hastle and the zones need to have been programmed as removable.

i can't see where the any of forums rules would be broken, as along as we don't give out the engineer codes, the engineers manuals or defaulting info.

if you have a manual then there is a section where it indicates how to alter you part set programming, but doing so will also reduce your systems effectivness.

there are now many decent detectors which are pet resistant, and will accept either up to 4 cats or 1 dog not exceeding 85lbs in weight, i have a dotty rotty and they work fine for me. so i would advise you to concider changing the detector to one of these to maintain your level of protection with a smaller impact on your overal security.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if you have a manual then there is a section where it indicates how to alter you part set programming, but doing so will also reduce your systems effectivness.

alan

I have the system manual, lcd programming manual and lcd user instructions.

I thought i had found it by going to setting modes/setting for part 2 but can find no option to change the part set zones just the delay time.

Am I missing something simple?

The system was in the house when we moved in and guess it is around 12 years old, wil ths make a diference to the manual and options.

John

Archived