Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc - Panel Bleeps

Polybear

Hi,

My unmonitored Accord XPC bleeps quietly a couple of times during the evening, and has been doing so for as long as I can remember. There's no problem with the system so far as I am aware, with no battery low indications etc. etc.

Why does it bleep? Is it some form of self-check procedure?

Thanks.

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

My unmonitored Accord XPC bleeps quietly a couple of times during the evening, and has been doing so for as long as I can remember. There's no problem with the system so far as I am aware, with no battery low indications etc. etc.

Thanks.

Brian.

There should be no reason why it 'beeps'.

Is the system unset at the time?

Is it coming from the keypad?

Usually the noise is a chirping noise emmitted from batt powered smoke det.

Make sure non are in the area and listen out.

Only thing it could be is chime otherwise.

Will beep if certain zones are activated. (double beep)

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

Thanks.

Brian.

shouldnt be really , might be time to call back the original installer to give the system a service

There should be no reason why it 'beeps'.

Is the system unset at the time?

Is it coming from the keypad?

Usually the noise is a chirping noise emmitted from batt powered smoke det.

Make sure non are in the area and listen out.

Only thing it could be is chime otherwise.

Will beep if certain zones are activated. (double beep)

Thanks for the replies.

My original post may be a bit unclear - there is a couple of quiet bleeps/chirps just once during the evening. I haven't found a particular pattern to this yet (e.g. always at the same time during the evening) but will take more notice of this.

The system is always in day mode when this happens (as to whether it also does it when the alarm is set isn't known, cos' we're not in the house!). It could be coming from the downstairs keypad, or the internal sounder (which is close by) or possibly from the smoke detector at the top of the stairs (which is a part of the alarm system, not a standalone 5 quid jobbie).

Chime is definately turned off, as is the zone activation bleep function.

The bleep/chirp is very quiet - you have to be in the right place at the right time to notice it. Thanks.

polybear

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the replies.

My original post may be a bit unclear - there is a couple of quiet bleeps/chirps just once during the evening. I haven't found a particular pattern to this yet (e.g. always at the same time during the evening) but will take more notice of this.

The system is always in day mode when this happens (as to whether it also does it when the alarm is set isn't known, cos' we're not in the house!). It could be coming from the downstairs keypad, or the internal sounder (which is close by) or possibly from the smoke detector at the top of the stairs (which is a part of the alarm system, not a standalone 5 quid jobbie).

Chime is definately turned off, as is the zone activation bleep function.

The bleep/chirp is very quiet - you have to be in the right place at the right time to notice it. Thanks.

polybear

right then work out a possible time window then when its due GO into the loft , under the stairs etc and have a listen - we have had allsorts from forgotten boxed smoke detectors to clock radios to alarm clocks to watches in bedroom cupboards chiming the hour to next door opening the door to let the cat out and our customer mishearing the chime noise as their own house. Also just check that the smoke hasnt got a battery backup ( some intergrated ones would work on their own if required)

after that your looking at a timed mains switch - economy seven etc causing the panel to momentarily crash but its very unlikely

angus

Yeah had a few early pyronix prox readers that used to beep when they fancied it as were picking something up, not going to cause any issues if it is that apart from being a annoyance.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived