Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 User Codes

PhilH

Hi

I've just installed a Scantronic 9751 with associated keypads, expanders, bells and whistles. All working nicely. Programmed it all no problems. Very proud of myself ;-)

The problem I have is with user codes... it took me a while to understand the Users guide on how to set up user codes, but I cracked it in the end, and it all seemed straightforward enough... but when I wanted to change a users' code, I found that I needed the old code to set a new one.

Picture this scenario. You have 25 key-holders, each has their own code, which is known only to them (nothing out of the ordinary there, is there?). An employee leaves. You want to disable their code. Based on what I've tried, you need to know the code to change the code. What if the employee won't tell you their code, because it's the same as their bank PIN number?

The programming manual explains how to reset ALL codes back to the default values, but you don't want to do that every time a key-holder leaves!!! :(

So, is there a way of deleting a users' code without knowing their code?

cheers

Phil

Guest anguscanplay

are you sure you mean the code and not the user number ie user no 12 has a code of ####

ps the scantronic website says it only takes 16 users

Guest anguscanplay
are you sure you mean the code and not the user number ie user no 12 has a code of ####

ps the scantronic website says it only takes 16 users

your right you need to enter the old code alla 9800`s of old that sucks

I believe its 50 users angus 9751 EN / 9751 UK may be 16

Think you may have the EN Phil

you can remove a user code with out there code on the 9851 not 100% sure on the 9751UK Or 9751EN

9851 is

U1, 4, U1, TICK, X down to the user in question, TICK, 0000

With the great of respect angus what the scanny book says and does are sometimes two entirely different thing as I'm sure you'll know

Regards BS

Hi

I've just installed a Scantronic 9751 with associated keypads, expanders, bells and whistles. All working nicely. Programmed it all no problems. Very proud of myself ;-)

The problem I have is with user codes... it took me a while to understand the Users guide on how to set up user codes, but I cracked it in the end, and it all seemed straightforward enough... but when I wanted to change a users' code, I found that I needed the old code to set a new one.

Picture this scenario. You have 25 key-holders, each has their own code, which is known only to them (nothing out of the ordinary there, is there?). An employee leaves. You want to disable their code. Based on what I've tried, you need to know the code to change the code. What if the employee won't tell you their code, because it's the same as their bank PIN number?

The programming manual explains how to reset ALL codes back to the default values, but you don't want to do that every time a key-holder leaves!!! :(

So, is there a way of deleting a users' code without knowing their code?

cheers

Phil

User Code 01 is the only access code that can change other access codes, User Manual page 17, second paragraph under Access Codes

If you have not kept a list as - 01 PhilH, 02 Fred, 03 Jim, 04 Mary etc etc you might have a problem,

good luck

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
With the great of respect angus what the scanny book says and does are sometimes two entirely different thing as I'm sure you'll know

Regards BS

and i thought the gardtec manuals were bad enough

Evening all

I'm not sure why I got revision 1 of the user manual with a panel purchased from a major disti only last week :angry: but the rev. 3 user manual, as barsnake refers, does include instructions on how to change the code without the code... SUPER!!! :rolleyes:

It is indeed a 9751EN panel, supporting 50 standard user codes, a duress code, and several other sorts of code... so here's hoping my firmware will support Method 1, as described in the PDF.

Magpie, I think you have yet another revision of the manual, as user codes are on pages 24-26 of my user manual :no:

Nice of them Scanny chaps to keep everyone on their toes :-)

Fingers crossed! Thanks all for your help, and so quickly !

cheers

Phil

Archived