Security Installer Community

C&k 800l Problems After Power Cut

SeanG

Hi guys

I moved house last Sept and the alarm system has worked flawlessly until after a power cut recently. I had come back home after being away for a few days and when I opened the front door to disarm the control panel had lots of flashing red LEDs across the zones. I suspected a power cut and sure enough the cooker clock had reset.

The trouble is, the panel isn't working properly anymore. I can do a full set only when the front door is already open. I can't do a part set anymore. If I type in the full set code with the door closed, then open the door the alarm thinks it's a break in so eventually goes off.

I'm wondering if the entry period and maybe even the zones have disappeared (it no longer counts down with the ticking after full or part set). I don't even think it does part set anymore.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm in Yeadon, Leeds and would like this sorting asap if possible, so any suggestions as to things I could try or names of a good local installer who could help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sean.

Hi guys

I moved house last Sept and the alarm system has worked flawlessly until after a power cut recently. I had come back home after being away for a few days and when I opened the front door to disarm the control panel had lots of flashing red LEDs across the zones. I suspected a power cut and sure enough the cooker clock had reset.

The trouble is, the panel isn't working properly anymore. I can do a full set only when the front door is already open. I can't do a part set anymore. If I type in the full set code with the door closed, then open the door the alarm thinks it's a break in so eventually goes off.

I'm wondering if the entry period and maybe even the zones have disappeared (it no longer counts down with the ticking after full or part set). I don't even think it does part set anymore.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm in Yeadon, Leeds and would like this sorting asap if possible, so any suggestions as to things I could try or names of a good local installer who could help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sean.

hi SeanG

a warm welcome to the forums,

you have clssic indication of standby battery failure, and the system may have even defaulted in part or completely to factory settings (as recieved 'out of the box').

fairly rare, but posibly the charging cicuit is faulty/damaged by the battery so you would be best served to engage a competant enginer to service the kit, replace that battery and test panel and detector functions properly.

o appreciate nobody wants to lay out the hard earned sov's but given you have had 5 years 'maintenence free' operation on something that is very much part of you protection, the service call cost should be based over that period to sweaten the pill if you like.

if you don't know of a decent engineer or company (perhaps ask your neighbours), your best advised to use a registered one, thats not to say there are not any very good un-registered installers (just like me), but the 'badge' gives you some form of complaint proceedure and traceability if things should go wrong.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived