Security Installer Community

My Foot

I was told this story first hand, but that don't make it true!

An engineer and apprentice where fitting out a bungalow.

The apprentice was in the loft and the engineer was drilling holes into the ceiling for the cables to be passed up.

Drilling in one corner the drill popped thru the ceiling.

There was a scream and after some tugging the drill came out spraying blood around the room!

" Oh my God I've drilled into his foot!"

Running up to the roof space the engineer finds the apprentice pointing towards the corner where a half dead rat is lolling about.

The apprentice said he lifted the loft insulation back just as the poor rat got drilled and screamed as it was flying around at great speed.

Moral of story look before you drill.

I once heard a story about an engineer that had drilled up in the corner of a room for a passive and couldn't locate the hole upstairs, so called another engineer to help, well they scratched their heads and wandered about a bit still puzzled they turned and headed back towards the stairs and guess what?

They tripped over the drill! right in the middle of the floor!!!

It was an awkward shaped house though... although I did hear that the engineer concerend has moved on to CCTV instead....

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

I once heard a story about an engineer that had drilled up in the corner of a room for a passive and couldn't locate the hole upstairs, so called another engineer to help, well they scratched their heads and wandered about a bit still puzzled they turned and headed back towards the stairs and guess what?

It was an awkward shaped house though... although I did hear that the engineer concerend has moved on to CCTV instead....

what are you trying to say?

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Guest anguscanplay

was he called colin ?

Guest Sparky169
was he called colin ?

nah it deffo wasnt me gov i still do do intruder only bells only type tho and i always check what im drilling first.

B)

what are you trying to say?

definately an urban myth - the engineer is a legend though....

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

definately an urban myth - the engineer is a legend though....

All right this one I know is true because it happend to me

While the fair lady of the house was bending over the kitchen table (ah got your attenion) signing the paperwork.

I was beside her explaing what I had done.

Unknown to both of us her husband came home from work, a crown court barrister no less.

Pinches her bum, she swings round gives me a look that could drop a horse and clips me as I dive for cover!

How they laughed.

But I always wondered what would have happend if she had not swung for me !

Mind you every time I did any work for them after that I always got a Fiver tip.

Archived