Security Installer Community

Texecom Master/engineer Code

Hellow, i just let someone install a texecom premier alarm system.

The person who installed it was not an official technician and he was so stupid it took weeks for him to "finish" the system. Afther a lot of discussions he left with a fight and a half working system. Now i want to finish the rest of the things (not so difficult) by myself (i'm an engineer in electronics). I have access to the mastercode and to the hardware (i already opened it many times to add for example extra buzzer, smoke detector etc) but i can't change anything to the software because i don't have the engineer code of the installation. I don't want to do a complete reset because than i will loose all the working parameters.

I've got the installation manual and all the info about the system, but this is nowhere mensioned :-)

thanks a lot for the help!

You will notice at the top left of the screen it says "please do not ask for engineer doc's or defaulting information" under the words security community.

The code you are requesting is just that so sorry it will not be provided I'm afraid.

:)

You will notice at the top left of the screen it says "please do not ask for engineer doc's or defaulting information" under the words security community.

The code you are requesting is just that so sorry it will not be provided I'm afraid.

:)

Well, i think nobody except the installer will know the engineering code! so i would be stupid to ask that. I'm also not asking for the engineer doc's because i have them right here.

I know how to reset everything but i just want to have access to the programming. Because i'm in a fight with the installer he will never give me the engineering code.

So, is there a possibility to change that engineering code or do i have to try the 10.000 possibilities?

more info on question:

On page 65 they say it's possible to reset the engineer code. the methode described will only work if the NVM is not locked.

How can i know if it is locked and if i try to rest the code and it is locked will i loose all programming or will it just not reset?

thanks

you persist in asking questions we are not allowed to answer for very good reasons, we have no way of knowing if you refused to pay the installer on completion or he did not perform as required.

you can ask another engineer to attend which would be your best option, but if litigation is an issue tread carefully

:closed:

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived