Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Compact Programming

davef

not for me to argue i just thought we couldnt get programming info in the public forums thats all

when im bored i`ll have a look through the archives and post some of the other threads that were closed for giving out this info

Thanks everyone, I have now got it working OK.

I have also set Z2 as timed like our old Optima 4 plus panel was.

Great work!!!!

Thanks for the feedback. What was the key point that solved your problem?

The solution was the 2 6 1 option that you suggested.

It's not very clear in the programming book as it is not explained properly in words, just a flow chart with circles!

It sounded like it was not setting because it was waiting for the door to be opened and then closed which it never did.

We have a RKP upstairs so exit time was not a consideration.

The manual gives an example for final door set and mentions using p2 and p3 for night set but doesn't clearly show whether it is an exit time or exit mode setting that wil need to be programmed.

Even now, when setting p2 it bleeps for ages and then does the exit bleeps. I suppose I could try 2 5 0 1 to set 10 seconds exit on p2 and also 2 6 4 for silent set. Do you think that would work OK?

Regards,

Dave

The manual gives an example for final door set and mentions using p2 and p3 for night set but doesn't clearly show whether it is an exit time or exit mode setting that wil need to be programmed.

Even now, when setting p2 it bleeps for ages and then does the exit bleeps. I suppose I could try 2 5 0 1 to set 10 seconds exit on p2 and also 2 6 4 for silent set. Do you think that would work OK?

Worth trying, sounds right without getting the manual out.

I don't have an RKP upstairs so have to use a normal delay on my "night set"; it seems like ages but it's only a few seconds really. :rolleyes:

If yours beeps for "ages" have you got a PIR that is a bit sensitive somewhere? You'll soon find out if you use an immediate silent set as the alarm will go off! :realmad:

The solution was the 2 6 1 option that you suggested.

It's not very clear in the programming book as it is not explained properly in words, just a flow chart with circles!

It sounded like it was not setting because it was waiting for the door to be opened and then closed which it never did.

Regards,

Dave

You could do the silent set option or just press set again to drop the time to 5 seconds when arming from the KP

You could do the silent set option or just press set again to drop the time to 5 seconds when arming from the KP

Tried this and yes, that does reduce it to about 5 secs.

Now I've just got to find something to do in the bedroom that only lasts 5 secs!!!!!

Archived