Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Compact Programming

davef

I have just installed a G3 compact and am having a problem with one of the programming options.

Program 1 is set for all zones (1-6, 7+8 not used) with Z1 as final exit. This works OK.

I want to set Program 2 as a part set of zones 1-5 only for use at night. Z6 does not need to be active as it is the upstairs area.

I have done: <PROG> <ENG CODE> 2 1 then selected 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 as the active zones then <RESET> <RESET> <RESET> <RESET>

When I set the system for program 2, zone 6 triggered in the middle of the night when someone got up to go to the loo!

Have I programmed this right or have I missed something?

Have I programmed this right or have I missed something?

Well, I've got a G3 too with a part-set for night use and at first glance that looks correct.

Are you sure you've set the program correctly when going to bed and not just defaulted to program 1?

I would suggest going through the programming again and test on Program 3 if that's not used. Deselect all zones and enable just one zone then test it to check you are doing it right. Going to be a bit noisy though, so warn the neighbours!

Also, do you need to change the entry/exit and inhibited zones on the night program?

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I've got a G3 too with a part-set for night use and at first glance that looks correct.

Are you sure you've set the program correctly when going to bed and not just defaulted to program 1?

I would suggest going through the programming again and test on Program 3 if that's not used. Deselect all zones and enable just one zone then test it to check you are doing it right. Going to be a bit noisy though, so warn the neighbours!

Also, do you need to change the entry/exit and inhibited zones on the night program?

I have checked it again and again and everything I have set looks OK.

The manual says that progs 2 & 3 are set exit mode disabled by default which is how it seems to be set, yet the exit bleeps run continuously if I enter <code> <prog> 2.

Any other ideas?

Guest anguscanplay
sorry if thats the case, but he started it :whistle: .

both as bad as each other lol

your grounded lol

Guest anguscanplay
Why not, he has the manual and we've been discussing it for a while. It's about understanding how it works and setting it up properly...........

not for me to argue i just thought we couldnt get programming info in the public forums thats all

when im bored i`ll have a look through the archives and post some of the other threads that were closed for giving out this info

Archived