Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Pa's Not Starting Alarm

Hello all,

I have an old style Veritas 8 Compact control panel in my house. It all seems to work well apart from the PA's. I have two of these, but neither will set off the alarm when pressed.

I have tested both of these using the walk test and they seem to be ok.

From reading the install manual for the new version of this panel it seems that perhaps the zone type is not set correctly for them. Only thing is I can't seem to locate an install guide for the older version of the control panel (I have the guide for the new one, but the codes must be different, the panel just bleeps at me when I try them).

Does anyone know the codes I should use to ensure that these are in the 24hour zone type? (they are both in zone 8)

Many thanks

Steve

Hello all,

I have an old style Veritas 8 Compact control panel in my house. It all seems to work well apart from the PA's. I have two of these, but neither will set off the alarm when pressed.

I have tested both of these using the walk test and they seem to be ok.

From reading the install manual for the new version of this panel it seems that perhaps the zone type is not set correctly for them. Only thing is I can't seem to locate an install guide for the older version of the control panel (I have the guide for the new one, but the codes must be different, the panel just bleeps at me when I try them).

Does anyone know the codes I should use to ensure that these are in the 24hour zone type? (they are both in zone 8)

Many thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

your on the right track regarding zone attributes, but site policy is we do not give out engineer manuals to non trade members.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Steve,

your on the right track regarding zone attributes, but site policy is we do not give out engineer manuals to non trade members.

regs

alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response. I fully understand the reasoning behind the policy of not providing engineer manuals, although I do already have the install manual for the new version of the panel. I am only after the code sequence for the one specific setting. Unfortunately, I can't really justify a call out to a trade member just to set the PA's, I've lived in the house for over 3 years and only just realised they don't work :(

Would this be something which Texecom would be able to tell me over the phone?

Regards

Steve

if you have the installation manual for the panel then check page 21 at the bottom left hand corner under programming the zone type that will tell you what attribute to use for panic and check page 3 for the programming zone number under option code

now that i have given this info i am going to lie low for a while

:sofa1:

Hi Sparky169,

:) I think you must have the manual that I don't have. Page 21 on my manual (INS034-10) is about Miscellaneous Selections :( . Mine is an older model (the circuit board is dated 1996) and so isn't covered.

So near! - I've sent an email to the tech support at texe.com so fingers crossed (my wife is giving me grief about wishing I hadn't told her the PA's didn't work!)

cheers

Steve

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response. I fully understand the reasoning behind the policy of not providing engineer manuals, although I do already have the install manual for the new version of the panel. I am only after the code sequence for the one specific setting. Unfortunately, I can't really justify a call out to a trade member just to set the PA's, I've lived in the house for over 3 years and only just realised they don't work :(

Would this be something which Texecom would be able to tell me over the phone?

Regards

Steve

hi steve i understand what you are saying but if you had had an engineer to install the system or service it every year as manf and bs/en recommend you wouldnt have been without your panic buttons and i would now be thinking well what else isnt working properly

Guest anguscanplay

hi steve just had another thought

did you fit it yourself and/or have you got the engineer number?

hi steve just had another thought

did you fit it yourself and/or have you got the engineer number?

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have the number (or I don't think I do, it may still be the default). The alarm was fitted when the house was built about 10 years ago, but the installer has not completed the installation details section of the user guide, although they did fill in the zone/protected area section of the manual. I have only been here for 3 years so have no way of contacting the installer.

btw: I did find the installation manual with the correct sections on page 21. But mine is the type which enters the program mode using 00 so these codes don't work the same.

Thanks

Steve

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have the number (or I don't think I do, it may still be the default). The alarm was fitted when the house was built about 10 years ago, but the installer has not completed the installation details section of the user guide, although they did fill in the zone/protected area section of the manual. I have only been here for 3 years so have no way of contacting the installer.

btw: I did find the installation manual with the correct sections on page 21. But mine is the type which enters the program mode using 00 so these codes don't work the same.

Thanks

Steve

so it sounds like you havnt got the manuals and probably havnt got the engineer number either

site rules prevent us from giving engineering and defaulting info so i would suggest following up on the email to texecom

angus

Archived