Security Installer Community

Changing Batteries In Anglian Defender 3000 System

My parents have an Anglian "Defender 3000" alarm, but this doesn't generate any

hits in Google; presumably it's a rebadged version of a better known model.

They'd like to be able to change the batteries in the wireless sensors, but the supplied

manuals are very basic and don't even tell you how to do this. There's a picture of it

here: http://i12.tinypic.com/490cq5x.jpg

Any ideas on what it is under the covers and how they could perform basic maintenance?

i think if you are not competant on alarm systems then this should really be done by a pro and at the same time the installer can chek and service the system to make sure its working in a1 condition

how old is the alarm system out of interest

if you remove the cover of the alarm system this will sound the internal and possibly the external sounder as it causes a tamper of the system. its not just a case of changing the battery as there are tests that should be performed for example the charging circuit

cheers

Why not simply answer the question??

i wasnt trying to tell him how to do it just what would happen and why he should have it done professionally :!:

How do you know what would happen if you haven't a clue what he has fitted??

Guest anguscanplay

hi there welcome

are the keyfobs on top of the box the ones your parents use to set the system?

Its a simple thing to do

which requires you to open the cover of the box in your picture

and before you try there is an order in which to do it in

and in all honesty the parts are now obsolite so if you have a problem with any (the smoke heads and the door contacts/shock sensors) they are allmost imposible to get

my advice is to get an engineer in to service the system

yes i have serviced these things and had to re solder boards back together after they fall apart not nice

also get a quote to replace it

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

if you remove the cover of the alarm system this will sound the internal and possibly the external sounder as it causes a tamper of the system. its not just a case of changing the battery as there are tests that should be performed for example the charging circuit

cheers

in that little box in his picture is ...............8 aa batteries and a 12v feed from......a P.S.U which is powering the bell (No Tamper)

the door contacts/ shock sensors are run on 4 aaa batteries

the P.I.R iether on a watch type battery or a pp3

and the smoke detectors on a pp3

an average service takes an hour and about 60 batteries

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the replies. Yes, the keyfobs on top of the control panel are the ones used to set the system, but the manuals don't describe how to use them prior to replacing the batteries in the wireless sensors.

just thought i recognised them as belonging to a newer system sorry

in all honesty i would just junk it as golfball says its past its usefull working life doesnt comply with regs and it was a cheap solution to start with

angus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a defender 3000 wireless system and the batteries need changing. I am not endorsing anything or advising anything. Here is some basic info that might help;

1. The alarm can be serviced by a company called Salamander Fire & Security Limited of Solihull. They either took over the service business from Anglian or are still part of it. I moved into a house with this system called the number on the box, was referred to Salamander and they kindly sent me a quote and an original instuction manual. They quoted

Archived