Security Installer Community

Gardtec 840 Tamper

Guest anguscanplay
And yes a stand by alarm guy sounds fine but if you are changing 1 window with 50 profit in it wheres the money comming from.

if thats the case ill have all mine done please tommorrow

God knows how many windows and doors we have done over the last 20 years and the problems caused can be counted on one hand and most of these were

down to the alarms not being right in the first place.

reading that again has really got my blood level up -"most of these were down to the alarm not being right in the first place " take it you were an alarm engineer in a previous incarnation then - of course not otherwise you wouldnt be asking on the forum

i could go off on one about most of my callouts been down to cheap overpriced upvc doors dropping on their hinges but instead im just going to stop giving free advise to window fitters

post-1613-1178445170_thumb.jpg

Looks like this.

whistle, mate i know we had a little spat a while ago, but can i say mate this reply has absolutely creased me, :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

hi guys, :rolleyes:

engineers keep asking about "engineer reset on a tamper?". well as many say i have no idea on standards being a non-registered installer. i would have thought by now a recognmised installer would have clarified. anyway, from my curiosity of reading such documents usually while perched on the can, or soaking in the bath, i seem to remmember under the new En regs, both tamper and mains fail are 'engineer reset' circumstances even on 'bells only.

accepted this alarm is possibly installed before these regs.

a await to be told i'm wrong - again

:sofa1:

there is a possibility these contacts have integral ressistors (i.e. pre fitted) and the o/p will not be best advised to tamper with them.

regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hi guys, :rolleyes:

engineers keep asking about "engineer reset on a tamper?". well as many say i have no idea on standards being a non-registered installer. i would have thought by now a recognmised installer would have clarified. anyway, from my curiosity of reading such documents usually while perched on the can, or soaking in the bath, i seem to remmember under the new En regs, both tamper and mains fail are 'engineer reset' circumstances even on 'bells only.

accepted this alarm is possibly installed before these regs.

a await to be told i'm wrong - again

:sofa1:

there is a possibility these contacts have integral ressistors (i.e. pre fitted) and the o/p will not be best advised to tamper with them.

regs

Alan

not a requirment for mains fail but if grade 3 then its eng reset for tamper

most likely is its the end of line resistor or they have the wrong colors when they " shortened the cable " hh hhm

your right on one point though and the o/p should have never touched the alarm - the end result is some poor customer has now got no alarm and if they have a 840 more than likely no insurance cover - should be alright though as no one can get through a locked plastic door now can they?

so to all you window fitters outthere - leave them alone - its my trade not yours

angus

oooh Angus you sound lightly bitter!!

Anyway firstly when I mentioned bad alrms it was to do with diy kits and old systems which havn`t been touched for years and are usually like those dodgy old doors never seviced or maintained properly.

If a customer has an alarm which is monitered or regularly maintained we don`t touch them.

Before you go slagging every window fitter,by the way we have been going 20 years without tacky adverts and mostly work on recommendations,consider that my old dear was sold an ati alarm which was set to go wrong every 10 months or so and just needed the date coded in to reset it. final cost in excess of

there are rogue's in every trade anyone can mention, so slagging off wholesale is rediculous

the advice has been given and as this is turning into "who can 'P' uo the wall furtherest" contest i'm closing the thread - Arfur/

:closed:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived