Security Installer Community

Ade Optima G3 Compact

Hi I was just after a little advice regarding my optima compact system. Having moved into a new house just under a year ago i have finally gotten round to fitting my alarm that I brought from my previous address. The wiring was already in but connected to an alarm system that had been disconnected and derelict many years before. Now i know all the wires are in the correct places and a have replaced all the components to the ones that i brought with me. When i disconnected this alarm and brought it with me it was working fine. Now since it had been in storage for over 10 months as you can imagine the battery's had died in the alarm box and the siren. I connected the battery's and the live connection and as you could imagine the alarm went off. My original code worked and disabled it. Now here is where the problem is. Once the alarm is de-activated the box shows no lights apart from the red power light and the red tamper light. The keyboard is disabled and there is no sounds coming out of the panel. Also the siren ticks and the strobe constantly flashes. I have left it in this mode for a while however there is still no response. Now what i need to know is, is this a panel fault or is this a wiring fault from the panel to the siren?

Forgot to mention the pirs all work fine and light up in the correct manor even with this fault. Have dis-connected the +feed and strobe of the siren box and wired the alarm back up. I still get the same problem however the strobe has stopped (would be scared if it didn't) and the clicking has stopped also. The siren never alarmed tho, even tho the wires were disconnected. Also forgot to mention that the red light doesn't light up on the siren box like it should either.

Thank you for your advice.

Steviepab

new battery is very good advice,start again. with regards to the tamper fault it will need to be found as the previous post has stated.

remove the complete global tamper and fit a link. if that cures your problem them you know to investigate the tamper loops one by one with a meter. a quick visual check or all the wires if possible may reveal the course (maybe a cut wire. if all else fail get a pro in.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay
Hi I was just after a little advice-. Also forgot to mention that the red light doesn't light up on the siren box like it should either.

Thank you for your advice.

Steviepab

i should imagine the faults in that area then

Hi cheers for the advice. I have changed the battery. I think i will re-wire the whole thing again starting with the box.. The wiring that is already there is tacked around every door and skirting frame. Think i will send it above the celing.

Thank you

Steviepab

Archived