Security Installer Community

Additional Keypad, And Pet Sensors For Optima Xl6

cyber115uk

Hello all,

I have recently moved to my current address.

The house comes readily installed with a Optima XL6 control panel, which is situated at the foot of the stairs, the stairs being in the middle of the house.

MY questions are:-

Can i install an additional keypad to work with the Optima, by the front door? and if so, how easy?

Can i change the exsisting PIR's for pet PIR's? and again, if so, how easy?

Many thanks,

Cyber

Can i install an additional keypad to work with the Optima, by the front door? and if so, how easy?

Many thanks,

Cyber

Hi,

The XL6 won't take any additional keypads apart from the one onboard, so if you want an extra RKP you will need to change the panel.

The existing PIRs can be swapped for pet resistant ones reasonably easily. Simply a matter of removing the old detector and re-wiring the new detectors exactly as the old ones were. Beware though, if you do //.B.W.F.// this up (ie short the power wires together or connect the wires back up to the wrong terminals), you may damage your control panel. It may be worth getting a few quotes from a local company to upgrade the panel and swap the detectors for you.

Trade Member

hi cyber115uk,

in essence the jobs are simple, but you need the engineers manual and code to complete the keypad addition. might make more sense to move the existing keypad if badly sighted.

you could swap out existing pirs to pets, i'd advise dual-tec versions, have used Gardtec Pet Duals with my 'dotty rotty' with no problems, you have to mask off any stairs in view of the detector as per instructions. also these will reduce security as the 'catch' performance is far slower, but better than having nothing protecting at all. again you will need the engineers code to disarm the tamper.

imho you should seek assistance and advice on your personnel requirements from a competent and skilled engineer, like having a chat with the 'doc' it can be all revealing (as it was about my rash :cold2: ). there are risks involved opening the controls, from the lethal voltage present within it.

regs

alan

Hello all,

I have recently moved to my current address.

The house comes readily installed with a Optima XL6 control panel, which is situated at the foot of the stairs, the stairs being in the middle of the house.

Many thanks,

Cyber

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi,

The XL6 won't take any additional keypads apart from the one onboard, so if you want an extra RKP you will need to change the panel.

The existing PIRs can be swapped for pet resistant ones reasonably easily. Simply a matter of removing the old detector and re-wiring the new detectors exactly as the old ones were. Beware though, if you do //.B.W.F.// this up (ie short the power wires together or connect the wires back up to the wrong terminals), you may damage your control panel. It may be worth getting a few quotes from a local company to upgrade the panel and swap the detectors for you.

Thanks and hi,

Forgetting the RKP then. The PIRs i feel confident with, but do i have to do anything with the panel first? i.e. input the engineers code? i dont have this. Or do i change the PIR's while the system is in day mode?

Thanks again

hi cyber115uk,

in essence the jobs are simple, but you need the engineers manual and code to complete the keypad addition. might make more sense to move the existing keypad if badly sighted.

you could swap out existing pirs to pets, i'd advise dual-tec versions, have used Gardtec Pet Duals with my 'dotty rotty' with no problems, you have to mask off any stairs in view of the detector as per instructions. also these will reduce security as the 'catch' performance is far slower, but better than having nothing protecting at all. again you will need the engineers code to disarm the tamper.

imho you should seek assistance and advice on your personnel requirements from a competent and skilled engineer, like having a chat with the 'doc' it can be all revealing (as it was about my rash :cold2: ). there are risks involved opening the controls, from the lethal voltage present within it.

regs

alan

Many thanks for the info

Archived