Security Installer Community

A Power Cut Fried My Alarm.... Please Help!

eckyb

Hi all,

My name is Alex and i've just had the week of hell. If it wasn't one thing going wrong, its another. They say everything happens in 3's. So far i'm on number 8.

The alarm going bump in the night was the last straw. We have an Optima XL6 system.

Cut a long story short, during the middle of the night my better half and i were woken by the sounds of all the neighbours alarms going off. I looked out the window to find the street in darkness. Power cut mehtinks.

Anyway, didn't think anything else of it until the morning when we tried to disarm the alarm. We found that all the keypad lights were on although a tiny bit dimmer. However, when we tried to press a button, none of the usual beeps were heard and the alarm still showed the red 'armed' button. i then opened the front door thinking the alarm would sound but it never worked.

I tried changing the small fuse on the wall above it, i even tried flicking the mains switch and leaving it off for a few mins, then turning it back on thinking it would have reset itself.

unfortunately, none of these has helped and were still without an alarm system.

Could anyone please throw a little light on the subject and try and help us out with a solution.

many thanks in advance

Alex :hmm::hmm:

If you rummage around this forum you'll find that range of alarms is prone to damage when the battery goes flat, which sounds likely.

When did you last have it serviced and how old is the battery?

Whatever the exact situation you'll need a professional engineer to sort it out, probably a new panel too.

Hi all,

My name is Alex and i've just had the week of hell. If it wasn't one thing going wrong, its another. They say everything happens in 3's. So far i'm on number 8.

The alarm going bump in the night was the last straw. We have an Optima XL6 system.

Cut a long story short, during the middle of the night my better half and i were woken by the sounds of all the neighbours alarms going off. I looked out the window to find the street in darkness. Power cut mehtinks.

Anyway, didn't think anything else of it until the morning when we tried to disarm the alarm. We found that all the keypad lights were on although a tiny bit dimmer. However, when we tried to press a button, none of the usual beeps were heard and the alarm still showed the red 'armed' button. i then opened the front door thinking the alarm would sound but it never worked.

I tried changing the small fuse on the wall above it, i even tried flicking the mains switch and leaving it off for a few mins, then turning it back on thinking it would have reset itself.

unfortunately, none of these has helped and were still without an alarm system.

Could anyone please throw a little light on the subject and try and help us out with a solution.

many thanks in advance

Alex :hmm::hmm:

Hi Alex,

t sounds like you could do with an engineer out to look at the system.

ADE XL panels can cause trouble when they have not had a yearly service including battery changes every 5 years depending on where your panel is located.

I would advise an engineer come out and look at your system testing the battery charging voltage and so on then take up a maintenance contract with them then you will not have a worry about the system. Imagine if this happened when you were on holiday!!

ADE panels have a habbit of blowing the charging circuit. Please do not open the panel as there is 240v present.

Hope this helps

!

Guest anguscanplay
If you rummage around this forum you'll find that range of alarms is prone to damage when the battery goes flat, which sounds likely.

When did you last have it serviced and how old is the battery?

Whatever the exact situation you'll need a professional engineer to sort it out, probably a new panel too.

hes right and im assuming the power is back on

dont ignore it go and check the front of the panel if it feels too hot call an engineer tonight

Archived