Security Installer Community

Installing A Speech Dialer

oldspark

Hi: Bought an SD1 + Speech Dialler to add to my system I fitted a few years ago.

Looking at the manual theres options for alarm,fire, PA etc with connections A,B,C for each trigger

I just need it to send a message when theres an alarm activation, the unit itself has Trig A, Trig B and Trig C So if I just need C for alarm

is it just connected to B or bell output in the alarm panel and the 12V and 0V supply, is that it just the 3 connections and 2 for the phone or am i missing something

Theres also an Abort connection on the unit beside A, B and C but nothing about it in the manual, "the diagram does'nt match the PCB"

On activation the message is sent and the receiver has to press a digit on the phone to to tell the unit it has been succesfull so im wondering if everything works with just 1 connection plus power

cheers

os

• 4 months later...

Yep, you only need three wires to get it working correctly.

Iv'e just fitted one and its works a treat.

The triggers 1-2-3 simply replay the message stored in location a-b-c,

With the abort function, you send a 12v+ to the abort then have to enter the code into the sd1 and it will stop dialing.

When connected to the 'b' alarm output the signal goes from 12+ to 0v causing it to dial the stored number with the message/s stored.

If yours dials the number (assume you only have one phone number stored) its done, the option for pressing that 'a digit' number really only comes into play with mulitiple numbers stored. IE: if one number doesn't press the 8 it will then call the next number.

From what i can gather if you dont press the number 8 is will re-dial you.

Hi: Bought an SD1 + Speech Dialler to add to my system I fitted a few years ago.

Looking at the manual theres options for alarm,fire, PA etc with connections A,B,C for each trigger

I just need it to send a message when theres an alarm activation, the unit itself has Trig A, Trig B and Trig C So if I just need C for alarm

is it just connected to B or bell output in the alarm panel and the 12V and 0V supply, is that it just the 3 connections and 2 for the phone or am i missing something

Theres also an Abort connection on the unit beside A, B and C but nothing about it in the manual, "the diagram does'nt match the PCB"

On activation the message is sent and the receiver has to press a digit on the phone to to tell the unit it has been succesfull so im wondering if everything works with just 1 connection plus power

cheers

os

i would add you should also run an anti tamper to protect the lid.

i'd recommend installing a bias resistor to ensure a cleen voltage change, 1.8k 1/2 watt should do it, as sometimes the bell can 'fool' the dialer intermittently into not triggering when it should.

hooking the trigger into the bell will cause a bell test (and depending on the panel used) a tamper activation to cause the dialer to operate inadvertently, could be a tad annoying to your other key holder's if say you mobile is switched off or in your car at the time.

one tip is to mention the required key in the message i.e. alarm activated press "N" twice to acknowledge for instance, that way should you or your key holder get woken in the early hours when not at yor brightest, your not trying to remember the blasted digit 6 months down the line within 20 seconds and letting it dial the next numbers in the sequence :rolleyes: .

also remember, you have to press it in the pause between the end of the message and the repeating of it, and also get the bleep then the trill or it won't cancel.

(above from past experience of user difficulties B) )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Good call Alan, i forgot about the tamper !

Ok it will work withoput the tamper but someone could mess about with it and youll never know!

Regarding pressing the 'Acknowledgement' key, I have found you can press it any time, Ok i have installed a new one so the software might be different but i found i can press the key anytime during OR after the message and it plays the "ok" sound without dialing the next number.

cheers, nick

i would add you should also run an anti tamper to protect the lid.

i'd recommend installing a bias resistor to ensure a cleen voltage change, 1.8k 1/2 watt should do it, as sometimes the bell can 'fool' the dialer intermittently into not triggering when it should.

hooking the trigger into the bell will cause a bell test (and depending on the panel used) a tamper activation to cause the dialer to operate inadvertently, could be a tad annoying to your other key holder's if say you mobile is switched off or in your car at the time.

one tip is to mention the required key in the message i.e. alarm activated press "N" twice to acknowledge for instance, that way should you or your key holder get woken in the early hours when not at yor brightest, your not trying to remember the blasted digit 6 months down the line within 20 seconds and letting it dial the next numbers in the sequence :rolleyes: .

also remember, you have to press it in the pause between the end of the message and the repeating of it, and also get the bleep then the trill or it won't cancel.

(above from past experience of user difficulties B) )

regs

alan

Good call Alan, i forgot about the tamper !

Ok it will work withoput the tamper but someone could mess about with it and youll never know!

Regarding pressing the 'Acknowledgement' key, I have found you can press it any time, Ok i have installed a new one so the software might be different but i found i can press the key anytime during OR after the message and it plays the "ok" sound without dialing the next number.

cheers, nick

might be nick,

not that bad a unit imo, but i stopped using them some time back as others like Gardtec came out with non-volatile memory for the recordings and less fussy about the timing of the key pressto cancel, then the Vo Com included in the CPX and G593 panels.

for me, a stand-a-lone the texecom takes some beating imo if a bit more pricey, clear help menus and sensible user friendly programming procedures and features are brought down to a fine art.

my brother-in-law runs a firm which install big private generators, they flog the surplus energy to the national grid. he gets a 'tickle' off what they produce so if any engine stops he starts to lose money.

he used to dial in every few hours to each engine, so i rigged in the dialers to call the engineers duty mobile then his home if not answered with a fault report, the engineer then remotes in via a modem (yeh i know :rolleyes: ) to see what is up and restart it or go out. the dialers are so easy to understand his engineers can change the parameters if and as required which since installed have saved him loads of wonger and keeps the clients very happy too.

unusual use but work a treat

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i dont really know what the abort terminal is for, youve got the 3 abort options you can programme that will shut the system down without wiring anything into the abort terminal. i usually programme the abort so when you enter the code into the panel if you have set it off by accident it shuts the dialler down.

Trade Intruder

i dont really know what the abort terminal is for, youve got the 3 abort options you can programme that will shut the system down without wiring anything into the abort terminal. i usually programme the abort so when you enter the code into the panel if you have set it off by accident it shuts the dialler down.

If I understand your question correctly I hope this helps.

The abort terminal next to trig A/B/C can be used as a extra trigger input D (if the sd1 is not programmed as

Archived