Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c

puzzled

Hi

Have just been decorating and took off a PIR cover and inside part then loose, but still flashing red. Had put code into system so alarm silent.

On replacing PIR cover, there was no flashing from it or any of the other PIRs, pressed reset on panel, which didn't beep, but stopped the 24 hour light flashing. Tried entering code and no noise from the buttons (usually beep when pressed). Bell box is flashing continuously, but silent fortunately!

To sum up: Not having any sound response from the panel, won't reset, and PIRs not working as not flashing on seeing movement.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You have blown the Aux fuse inside the panel (I take it you didn't take much care when removing the wires from the detector?) You need to get a replacement of the same type to get it back up and running (don't know the value off the top of my heads, it's probably 1A)

Trade Member

But beware there are 240v Mains inside your control unit.

Unless you have an electrical background i would recommend you get a profesional alarm engineer in - theres plenty on here who can give you the service you requure at a competive rate if you post your location or consult your local yellow pages.

BEWARE MAINS VOLTAGES CAN KILL - PLEASE DON,T OPEN THE MAIN CONTROL UNIT UNLESS YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Thanks for your replies.

So am I right in thinking that the AUX fuse makes the control panel have sound and also makes the sensors flash? Will it affect any thing else? The bell box has now stopped flashing. Pressing reset stopped the 24 hour light flashing.

Thanks again.

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for your replies.

So am I right in thinking that the AUX fuse makes the control panel have sound and also makes the sensors flash? Will it affect any thing else? The bell box has now stopped flashing. Pressing reset stopped the 24 hour light flashing.

Thanks again.

did the external box sound at all during the day? if not that needs looking at too

Guest anguscanplay
Tamper alarm ....when unset , internals only.

Aux fuse supplies speaker also.

Regards.

obviously

does it supply the external bell as well?

or has that got a seperate fuse gardtec tec have seperate bell fuses but still sound when aux blows

Archived