Security Installer Community

User Code Woes (veritas R8)

bone

I live in Doncaster, Its not just me who has a bad experience, at my mums last place the company who fitted the alarm went bust about a year later the guy who came out to service it after that changed the panel for no apparent reason then went bust after making a cockup of wiring the shed and garage in. In the end I re did the wiring and made it all work.

It shouldnt have to be like that its not just alarms either, Im a tradesman, I did a 5 year apprenticeship yet people who do the job properly get undermined by the cowboys who just want to make a quick buck. Anyhow rant mode off (can you tell Im turning into a grumpy old man! LOL).

I heard mention of pet friendly PIR's so they work? If they do I would like to get her sorted out with some new sensors too. Oh and by the way the bell box hasnt gone off yet :D

Guest Sparky169
I live in Doncaster, Its not just me who has a bad experience, at my mums last place the company who fitted the alarm went bust about a year later the guy who came out to service it after that changed the panel for no apparent reason then went bust after making a cockup of wiring the shed and garage in. In the end I re did the wiring and made it all work.

It shouldnt have to be like that its not just alarms either, Im a tradesman, I did a 5 year apprenticeship yet people who do the job properly get undermined by the cowboys who just want to make a quick buck. Anyhow rant mode off (can you tell Im turning into a grumpy old man! LOL).

I heard mention of pet friendly PIR's so they work? If they do I would like to get her sorted out with some new sensors too. Oh and by the way the bell box hasnt gone off yet :D

like other members have said we are not all rip of merchants, i own my own company and have been going for 2 years now with very little or no problems in fact im the busiest ive been since i started at the moment, and most of work comes from word of mouth.

Im based in burntwood staffordshire so its probably a bit out of my area but like angus says their ARE decent firms out their that will not just take youre money and run they will stand by their customers and give them a good service.

i have used both pyronix and texecom pet sensors and had no problems with either :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived