Security Installer Community

Veritas R8

efcmandan

Hi all

does anyone know, is there a way to disable the sound from the panel when setting the alarm? For example, the control panel is in a childs bedroom, you go in there to set the alarm at night and after entering your code to arm the system, it beeps like crazy and wakes the child up!

I've had a look in the User Guide from the www.texe.com website, but I can't find what I'm looking for. I might be being stupid though.

Any help appreciated.

Hi ,

Yes there is an option to silent set on Part Set , but it is programmable by the engineer , usually done at installation time.If you can contact the original installer , ask him to sort it for you.

And ask him to remove the speaker from the panel and put it somewhere else.

Regards.

Hi ,

Yes there is an option to silent set on Part Set , but it is programmable by the engineer , usually done at installation time.If you can contact the original installer , ask him to sort it for you.

And ask him to remove the speaker from the panel and put it somewhere else.

Regards.

Thanks for the quick reply. Removing the speaker is an option I suppose, and I could do that myself, but then that would mean no sound at all from the panel at any time? I know it's bad form to ask for an engineers manual, but if someone could advise of a key sequence or something to set Part Set to work silently then that would be perfect.

Thanks

its a bit more involved that we could say here, even over the phone. sorry efc but your only option is to get an engineer or an engineering manual.

Ok cheers, no problemo. I'll try and get hold of the engineer/an engineer. Thanks for the help.

efc if you post your location on here im sure there is someone who may be able to help you out and maybe at a cheaper cost than calling someone out.

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Archived