Security Installer Community

Best Intruder Panel?

Pav

Which is the best all round panel suitable for commercial applications with regard to ease of install, programming, functionality, user friendliness and cost.

What's your opinion?

hi Pav,

now your asking something, so can i ask you whats the best car, or paint or wood?

it depends on what you are protecting, a mansion usually requires a sophistictated system, where as a 2 up 3 down terrace will be served adaquately by a lower end panel. we then get into what level of knowledge you personally have, no point in recommending the oky coky 2000,000 when you'd be stuck with a the battery operated window alarm wiring.#

as a rule of thumb stick with the bigger names like Scantronic, Gardtec, Texecom and Menvier, they offer tech support over the phone if you get stuck, and have panels in their ranges to suit most needs. just don't over engineer your system and get sucked in by all those tempting wizzy flashing lights as its a route to desaster.

finally you will be messing with lethal mains voltages when installing your panel, and also working of a ladder for the sirens etc, if you are not trained and competant in these area's you are best advise to employ someone who is for your own safety, or risk earning a postumous Roy Hull endorsed 'I'm a flying EMU award'.

i wish you every success, but please be very careful.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived