Security Installer Community

'advanced' Control Panel

simonp

Hi,

Are there are any 'advanced' home alarm systems on the market? I would like something that will ring/text me when the alarm is activated and then I can dial 1 to cancel alarm, 2 to reset, 3 to switch off sounder, etc

Any recommendations appreciated.

Simon

Hi,

Are there are any 'advanced' home alarm systems on the market? I would like something that will ring/text me when the alarm is activated and then I can dial 1 to cancel alarm, 2 to reset, 3 to switch off sounder, etc

Any recommendations appreciated.

Simon

hi simonp,

there are bolt on voice/speech dialers which will do the comms bit for you and dearer ones sent a text message. some have outputs you can use to force a set and so on, but i'd advise strongly against remote cancellation/arming etc.

how will you know if its not an intrussion, you might reset the alarm having got your text in a bar in Ibeza or Canvey Island, and it was mum who decided to pop in to prune the roses and water the plants. could even be a brick through a window or a water leak cause the activation - it happens :yes:

so all in all it's better to arrange your keyholders properly and let them respond, and offer to do the same for them, but your system had better be a tip top install, or they won't love you for very long :cold2: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I must say alan your very busy with the replys to all the post's lol :rolleyes: Right well I'm off tommrow told my guys not to phone me tommrow I'm out on the town See ya later guys

I must say alan your very busy with the replys to all the post's lol :rolleyes: Right well I'm off tommrow told my guys not to phone me tommrow I'm out on the town See ya later guys

i was a bit lazy last weekend as had my beloved gkids over, so putting in my time as we work flexy hours

enjoy the weekend BASS

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived