Security Installer Community

advice for the consumer please!

Guest matt66

Guest matt66

Hi all

After being burgled last week (bye bye laptop), we're pretty keen to get a system installed but after lots of quotes we're starting to feel confused. what is best for a two bed ground floor flat in london? we've had //.National Installer.// round (expensive but if they're worth it, we're willing) as well as someone who recommends a wireless system (powermax) and conflicting advice about anti-bandit glass (sash windows), vibrator alarms on windows etc. everyone has a different opinion! how do we navigate?

any thoughts from independent experts gratefully received!

many thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear that you were burgled.

You won't be the first or the last to close the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Without surveying your premises (which I won't do as I am 240 miles away!), it is difficult to make specific recs. There are always more than one way to skin a cat, and vibration sensors are a possibility. However, PIR's may be suitable etc etc.

What I would suggest is that you get three quotes from various companies, not necessarily NACOOS or SSAIB approved, but if your insurance company demand this then you wil pay more for your system.

Recommendation is the best bet - do you know anyone locally who has had an alrm installed recently? This website has a useful section - check out Here!

Defensor Security (on this site) does work in tha area, although he is on holiday for a couple of weeks - he comes highly recommended.

www.defensorsecurity.co.uk

Good Luck Matt, and I hope the Police catch the villain (but I doubt it) <_<

Regards

Steve

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

The police will probably give you a crime reference number, send SOCO to come do a bit of fingerprinting (but this will probably be unsuccesful) then they will send you a letter saying that due to lack of evidence this will be an unsoved crime (well thats what happens in Hull!).

Unfortunately without evidence the police have no chance of catching the theives, and they are extremely overstretched.

Best bet is make your house as secure as hell so the theives dont even get a chance to get in.

D

Defensor Security (on this site) does work in tha area, although he is on holiday for a couple of weeks - he comes highly recommended.

www.defensorsecurity.co.uk

Steve is on holiday, but he has his staff/cover in place for all his existing contracts and new installations are still being carried out if want a quote from Defensor for a system then call 0870-748-0421 and this can be arranged very quickly.

Colin.

Archived