Security Installer Community

Deactivate Securit 700l Alarm

iggy

I've just moved into a bungalow and it has a hard wired Securit 700L alarm fitted. The problem is the lady that was the previous owner was old and passed away so nobody has a user code or instructions. Additionally, i am rewiring the house so the power would be off for a few days. Can someone please help me on how i could deactivate this alarm and tap in my own user code. Thanks.

I've just moved into a bungalow and it has a hard wired Securit 700L alarm fitted. The problem is the lady that was the previous owner was old and passed away so nobody has a user code or instructions. Additionally, i am rewiring the house so the power would be off for a few days. Can someone please help me on how i could deactivate this alarm and tap in my own user code. Thanks.

You will need a professional alarm engineer to do that.

Hopefully one of the pro's will be along in a while to give you some more ideas on the options going forward, but it's definitely not a DIY job.

If you want an alarm in future it's probably best to get a new one fitted while the rewiring is being done.

Ok. I was thinking of ripping it out and putting in a wire-free type alarm. What would you suggest, i've looked at the Response SA3, is it rated?

You will find a lot of opinions here on wirefree, many not good (search around :whistle: ). From what comments I've seen the majority of professionals will definitely say use wires if you can. If you're rewiring anyway that would seem to be the obvious choice.

As for what's appropriate, local firms will have their favourites, I don't think it's critical as they should quote to install something appropriate. If you intend DIY ask the question again in the DIY forums.

Ok. I was thinking of ripping it out and putting in a wire-free type alarm. What would you suggest, i've looked at the Response SA3, is it rated?

hi iggy,

as you renovating you are better running in cables as you simply can not outperform a wired system for versatility and relyability. wireless scores where decor can not be touched or dfficult cable run would be needed so time factor of unit costs makes it viable.

remmember you need to replace batteries at regular intervals say @ 2 years in each wireless detector, they cost x ammount and are not very cheap will always go flat on you the day your due to go on holiday :yes: , and ask yourself when was the last time you changed your smoke detector battery which shoould be every year, see what i mean? :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived