Security Installer Community

Concept 6 Problem-alarm Ringing Suddenly

Hi I've got a concept 6 alarm system, fairly old and never had any real issues with it. However recently for no apparent reason its been going into attack mode and this too in the middle of night, not the best alarm wake up call ;) .

I noticed once that it was talking about zone 4, I've checked the wiring and all seems ok, as in no breaks or cuts. The sensors are on the windows and well I haven't opened them but doesn't seem anything too ontoward. I've kept the alarm in engineer mode to prevent it ringing, but now wondered if anyone can provide any tips on what I might check from here on.

have you replaced the battery lately as it may be that that is the problem may be worth checking :yes:

Thanks for the reply, the battery was replaced, something like a few years ago possibly 4 or 5, I shall definetely give that a shot. Does it sound about right that the battery would have expired in that amount of time?

Guest anguscanplay

hi m1ne5h

the fault you are describing is quite a comman call

i would recommend an engineer visit as it will almost cetainly need a new battery if the old one is around five years old

it is possible the fault isnt related to the battery but an engineer will soon be able to locate any other faults and give you some sort of back up etc

angus

Guest anguscanplay

dont worry sparky im not doubting your ability its nearly allways the batteries fault on every one im called out to so much that every call gets a battrey included !

its all the other things we would check at the same time ie the system will need to checked professionaly to clear any high resistance readings, shorts between poles or induced ac on the system etc etc

Guest anguscanplay

no worries sparky i like to try and speed things up as you know when im replying to a member of the public it wouldnt be the first time a battery has been cooking in the control unit whilst people argue about it and thats DANGEROUS

its always better to get an engineer to check the whole system then the poster will know that everything is aok how many times do you see things that arnt working right on a service visit :yes: about once a week for me!

Hi all, thanks for the various replies. Well I finally got round to swapping the battery yesterday with a 12v 2.1Ah one, made by YUASA. Everything seemed ok, I managed to reprogram the system, however the old problem emerged the alarm suddenly went off about 3am today morning. I put it straight back in to engineering mode and have left it like that.

From previous posts I've seen that it's worth checking the charging circuit, it doesn't appear to be black or blown in anyway.

Guess I need to call out someone to have a look at this, any recommendations or offers, I live in Harrow, Middlesex.

Once again thanks for your replies and advice, it really is invaluable.

Guest anguscanplay
Hi all, thanks for the various replies. Well I finally got round to swapping the battery yesterday with a 12v 2.1Ah one, made by YUASA. Everything seemed ok, I managed to reprogram the system, however the old problem emerged the alarm suddenly went off about 3am today morning. I put it straight back in to engineering mode and have left it like that.

From previous posts I've seen that it's worth checking the charging circuit, it doesn't appear to be black or blown in anyway.

Guess I need to call out someone to have a look at this, any recommendations or offers, I live in Harrow, Middlesex.

Once again thanks for your replies and advice, it really is invaluable.

come back and let us know how you get on

angus

Archived