Security Installer Community

Gardtec (370?) Dead

lambretta

Having just moved in and the previous owners did not use the alarm, I had no idea how to use it. During/after a power cut last night the only way I could stop the keypad from constant alarming was to remove the 4 wires inside. Before doing this the message had changed from Ct as it had been since we moved in, to Fuse blown / Battery fault ( Fb ) and kept at this for a few hours before I took the wires out. On rewiring the box it is now completely dead, I have checked that the wires are in OK a few times but still nothing.

as previously said you have most likely blew a fuse, more worrying is what was the original fault.

Ct indicates a tamper i think control box lid (from memory :unsure: ), it may be a simple matter of replacing the 1 amp fuse on the pcb and refitting the lid, if your doing this then i suggest get a new 3 amp battery while your at it.

beware please, the panel has mains voltage and due to bad installation can expose you to a dangeous and lethal shock, also the existing battery may not be securely installed, and might fall out and hit you when removing the lid.

please only tackle this job if you are competent, or best call a local company. exsplain the position and ask if they service Gardtec equipment (which is very good kit) before engaging them, or odds on they will want to swap out the controls to their personal 'flavour'.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
as previously said you have most likely blew a fuse, more worrying is what was the original fault.

Ct indicates a tamper i think control box lid (from memory :unsure: ), it may be a simple matter of replacing the 1 amp fuse on the pcb and refitting the lid, if your doing this then i suggest get a new 3 amp battery while your at it.

beware please, the panel has mains voltage and due to bad installation can expose you to a dangeous and lethal shock, also the existing battery may not be securely installed, and might fall out and hit you when removing the lid.

please only tackle this job if you are competent, or best call a local company. exsplain the position and ask if they service Gardtec equipment (which is very good kit) before engaging them, or odds on they will want to swap out the controls to their personal 'flavour'.

regs

alan

that would need a 20mm timed glass fuse not the type in your plugs etc

too big max size that will fit in there is a 2.1

thats why you should get someone out theres too many variables

Archived