Security Installer Community

Ade Reson8 Bell Box Questions?

terryjacobs

Hi all,

I have setup a basic home alarm system which finally involved an ADE Reson8 bell box. I am a bit confused re the installation of this part.

The box is on the wall and the cable wired in correctly as per the instructions. Now the in-built timer has 4 modes of Test, 20min, 10min and 5min. Normally alarm lenghts are configured by the control panel, however this is a failsafe for say if the alarm is interfered with.

When I connect the battery alarm goes off for 5 secs as it shoudl, however when i move the jumper to say 10 min it continued to go off.

What I can't understand is that there must be a way to setup the alarm box without having to listen to 10 minutes of alarm going off?

Can someone explain the step by step procedure for setting the jumpers, replacing the anti-tamper cover without listening to the bell for a long time?

Many thanks and hope what i'm asking makes sense.

Hi all,

I have setup a basic home alarm system which finally involved an ADE Reson8 bell box. I am a bit confused re the installation of this part.

The box is on the wall and the cable wired in correctly as per the instructions. Now the in-built timer has 4 modes of Test, 20min, 10min and 5min. Normally alarm lenghts are configured by the control panel, however this is a failsafe for say if the alarm is interfered with.

When I connect the battery alarm goes off for 5 secs as it shoudl, however when i move the jumper to say 10 min it continued to go off.

What I can't understand is that there must be a way to setup the alarm box without having to listen to 10 minutes of alarm going off?

Can someone explain the step by step procedure for setting the jumpers, replacing the anti-tamper cover without listening to the bell for a long time?

Many thanks and hope what i'm asking makes sense.

If you've wired it correctly to the controller and put all the covers back on it should stop when you enter your code, but not before. :ninja:

Would entering the code de-activate the self activating bell as well though? I thought the code would just ensure that hte control panel wasnt sending out an alarm signal?

If it's wired correctly; that's the whole idea of the various connections from the box. If your alarm is going off entering the correct code and will silence it, then following the user reset procedure.

That's why you connect the bell last, after everything else is proved to be working. :rolleyes:

Archived