Security Installer Community

Veritas And Pets Question

simonp

good advice dave just to backup what dns says if you are not sure about the installer and want to get a idea of price get in touch with 3 different companies and ask them to quote it for you. TBF the installer should have asked when a survey was carried out if there are pets in the household most security comanies do, i always ask wether its going to have pets or not that way i cover my rear end so to speak and if they say no and then later get a pet or pets then thats chargable on the basis that they were asked before hand and if it was me then id be getting him to do it at a discount. others may agree with or maynot but thats MPO of this situation.

Good luck and i hope you get it sorted.

sparky169

Had you noticed that the system is only six weeks old and will still be under warranty? getting unnecessary quotes from two other installers will only waste time and money for them, causing them to pass the cost on to other customers.

The customer can always come back and ask here, but remember as he said he didn't say about the pets, so most likely they will charge for the devices plus a labour rate for fitting them, although the company may be willing to discuss the cost in light of the system being so new.

Had you noticed that the system is only six weeks old and will still be under warranty? getting unnecessary quotes from two other installers will only waste time and money for them, causing them to pass the cost on to other customers.

The customer can always come back and ask here, but remember as he said he didn't say about the pets, so most likely they will charge for the devices plus a labour rate for fitting them, although the company may be willing to discuss the cost in light of the system being so new.

For reference, I've spoken to my installer who's going to swap the four PIRs for pet ones for less than

Archived