Security Installer Community

Veritas And Pets Question

simonp

Hi,

Is it possible to configure my Veritas alarm to only go off if more than one PIR is activated?

The reason being is we have a cat that often jumps on the bloody window ledge - one way I thought to get round this was if the alarm would only activate if two PIRs are broken within say 2 minutes then that would stop the alarm being set off by the cat.

Ok - a burglar could clear one room without setting off the alarm . . . but unlikely.

Simon

It might be an idea to have a company quote you for some decent PET Passives, (To replace the PIRs you have at the moment), these should ignore your pets, but detect an intruder. I wouldnt recommend your Idea sorry.

It might be an idea to have a company quote you for some decent PET Passives, (To replace the PIRs you have at the moment), these should ignore your pets, but detect an intruder. I wouldnt recommend your Idea sorry.

Hi,

Would these really work for a cat that jumped on furniture, window ledges, kitchen worktops, etc?

Simon

Hi,

Would these really work for a cat that jumped on furniture, window ledges, kitchen worktops, etc?

Simon

As regard the pet passives, with cats I haven't had problems. If postioned and set up correctly as "sparky" says, you should be fine. You also get what you pay for with the pet passives, so get three companys to quote, and if necessary, come back on here and ask opinions on equipment spec'd.

good point dave about the three quotes and asking on here

we will give you an honest answer to any concerns you may have and will tell you which one is best value for money not neccessarily the cheapest tho.

cheers

Hi,

Can you give me an idea of what four replacement pet PIRs might cost (bearing in mind the setup is only 6 weeks old!)

Ta

Simon

(bearing in mind the setup is only 6 weeks old!)

Only six weeks old?? If a company put the system in, they should have asked if you had pets that could affect the system. I would ask the company who installed it.

If you installed the system, Im affraid you have gone about it the wrong way.

Maybe some of the members on here will pm you with a cost of supply and install for the pet passives.

Regards Dave.

Only six weeks old?? If a company put the system in, they should have asked if you had pets that could affect the system. I would ask the company who installed it.

If you installed the system, Im affraid you have gone about it the wrong way.

Maybe some of the members on here will pm you with a cost of supply and install for the pet passives.

Regards Dave.

The installer didn't ask but then I didn't tell him - so I take the blame.

I'm really just looking for a ball-park -

Again though, prices and quality of equipment installed vary, so if necessary, stick to the 3 quotes idea mentioned in earlier posts. Best of luck.

Dave.

Archived