Security Installer Community

two panels, one bell box?

mikeald

could someone please tell me how to interlink a galaxy 60, with a scantronic 9751, so that they both share the same bell box. However if one panel goes into alarm condition, the other must not. I.E two completely seperate alarms in one building.

please e mail me

thanks

Intruder & Fire Member

Why dont you use the galaxy 60 only and set it up as two areas?

Otherwise if the job warrants a 60 surely theres enough money in it for a new sounder and a bit of cable.

Colin.

2 different customers in same building, hence 2 panels. And they do not want more than one bell box, as they say it will make the front of the building look untidy. Any suggestions on how to link the two?

Intruder & Fire Member

Is that allowed? Iwould have thought that was against one standard or another as how would you know which system was causing the alarm?

Also if the bell was tampered with then that would surely generate 2 calls to the police assuming that its a monitored system. If it isnt a monitored system tampering with the bell could basically render both systems useless!

Does'nt seem right to me but then again im not an expert with alarms these days.

i understand what you mean by dropping the positive off, but is it acceptable to rely upon the sab module? Is it possible to common up the neg betwwen the two panels, parallel up with the bell and strobe trigger, and fit diodes in the panel?

Intruder & Fire Member

Archived