Security Installer Community

optima rf alarms

Guest deborahjayne

Guest deborahjayne

could someone please help me.I have a optima rf wieless alarm and every time i enter my house and the pir picks me up the bell goes off outside.How can I stop this. :(

could someone please help me.I have a optima rf wieless alarm and every time i enter my house and the pir picks me up the bell goes off outside.How can I stop this. :(

Hi D-J,

looks like the detector has been incorrectly programmed as an "alarm" zone rather than "walk-through". Has this fault only recently started or has it existed since system was installed? The installing engineer (presuming u did not install yourself) should be called back to reprogramme the system. If you did install yourself then check the programming section of the installation manual on how to correctly programme the troublesome zone.

Regards,

George

Guest deborahjayne

Thanks george.

This problem has only started recently.We had someone to install the system and am trying to get hold of him with some difficulty.We have looked at the instructions of the booklet.It says change it back to factory mode but it wont do it.

:(

The optima RF by default is set for

Zone 1 Entry/Exit

Zone 2 Time Inhibited

Zone 3 -5 Immediate

It is unclear if the internal alarm is sounding as well

If so, you can bet that zone 1 is not working and walking into zone 2 will sound the alarm or zone 1 is going to tamper because of a loose lid. If you haave a low battery on zone 1 this will be indicated when you arm the panel by entering your user code e.g zone 1 will be lit and low battery light.

regards

Thanks george.

This problem has only started recently.We had someone to install the system and am trying to get hold of him with some difficulty.We have looked at the instructions of the booklet.It says change it back to factory mode but it wont do it.

:(

D-J,

I agree with the other comments about it most likely being a fault on the main entry/exit transmitter. If you can advise what is showing on the control panel (apart from alarm notification), this may confirm a low battery/ tamper fault.

If you advise re. the above and/or what part of the country you are in, there is a good chance someone in the Forum can help (or "know a man who can").

Regards,

George

Guest fergmeister

To anyone who can help,

I have an Optima 2 Plus home alarm which is on the blink (no pun intended). There is now a continuous bleep from the keypad and the keypad itself will not accept either our personal code or the factory code. I have been advised that the battery in the control panel is probably dead but that, if i try to replace it myself, it could set the alarm off and I may not be able to reset it.

Q. Does this type of system have a tamper protection and if I try to replace the battery will it trigger our alarm? What should I do (other than call-out an engineer)?

cheers,

Fergmeister

Guest simmo

Sounds like your panel is locked out.

Opening the panel will activate the tamper simply entering your user code will silence this. If the keypad is not responding remove mains power from the panel (use the fuse in the fused spur) and disconnect battery.

Your external sounder should operate when power is removed ignore this for now. Reconnect mains then battery. (Make sure the battery is ok - if in doubt get a new one).

Hopefully all should now be well. If the panel has defaulted I believe the default code is 0123 but I stand corrected if I'm wrong.

If you are in any doubt about what you are doing get somebody in that does. Post your location and we can find someone local to you. It might not be as expensive as you think.

Simmo B)

Archived