Security Installer Community

Optima Xl6

Hello

When we moved into our house approximately 5 years ago, it already had a Optima XL6 alarm system installed and it has worked without fault since we moved in. However an alarm in the control panel has recently started making a sound "beep beep" when one of the PIR's detects movement. The control panel also lights up the relevant zone (Zone 3) on the control panel. This only happens to the one PIR and having read the engineers manual, I'm not sure whether there's a fault with the PIR or the panel, or whether it just need some alteration to the programming.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.

It just means that chime function has been enabled for that particular zone.

If you have a user manual, see if it explains how to turn chime off. I have a user manual for the similar XM - but it doesnt show a chime function on that panel, so as I said, see if you can find your user manual for the XL6, and look for chime function section.

Thanks for your prompt responce.

I have looked at the installation manual, however it doesn't mention a chime function.

If we reset the control panel to the factory settings, do you think that this will eradicate our problem?

hi MirfieldMum,

as you may clear settings specific to your system like part set and entry/exit routes rendering your system inoperable. please be patient as someone with knowledge of that panel will respond soon i'm sure.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I would not recommend you doing that to be honest, apart from the fact of the panel having mains voltages in it, the whole system will need reprogramming. Why not wait and see if any of the other engineers have any ideas. You will get more of a response later, when people start to return from work.

Have you ever changed the battery in the last 5 years? There is no chime facility.

These panels have strange operation if the battery is faulty.

Is it possible you have enabled walk test. Press 0 once then reset twice, does the fault still occur.

I have attached the user instructions.

Optima_XL4_6_Customer_Programming.doc

Thanks for your reply

We changed the battery in the control panel approximately 18 months ago.

I'm not aware that we have enabled the walk test, however if we had would all the zones not react in the same way i.e. with a "beep beep" when we were detected?

We only have five detectors on our system and prior to your reply my father disconnected Zone 3 and wired the PIR to Zone 6. This seems to have eradicated the problem, but unfortunately I was unable to reset the system as you recommended, just in case we have accidentally enabled the walk test.

Have you any more thoughts?

by moving circuit 3 to circuit 6 will not have cured the problem as circuit 6 may not be programmed into the system.it could well be worth getting a qualified engineer in to check the system out and giving it a good maintenance.

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Who knows? if you have a 3 in your code you may of pressed the wrong button by mistake on the way out or in.

Chime is often accidentaly switched on on ADE panels.

Pete

This sound like the the p.c.b. is more of a modern type with a XL6 facia, I would press the MEM button 0 reset. This should turn the chime of on all circuits if

a different board inside. It certeinly wont do it any halm to try. I use to work at ADE making these and some of the first ones with chime you used to press

the MEM button (memory). Due to its newness at the time the print on the keypad was not changed until later.

Hope this answers your questions

Archived