Security Installer Community

Apprenticeships

Hello there,

I am 17 have good GCSE results and live in Essex, Chelmsford area, I have just completed a JTL Initial Assessment and passed, and I am currently looking for any companies that are willing to take on an apprentice in the electrical/security industry. I know JTL circulate your details to potential employers, and this is how my friend managed to gain an oppotunity. I have been told it is best to apply to local companies to seek employment. I was just wondering if anyone knows what companies are currently taking on apprentices?I have already applied at BT, //.National Installer.// are not sure if they are taking on apprentices this year and if so as of where, and I understand that Chubb dont seem to be taking on apprentices of such because there is no longer a link on their website. Also I would be grateful if I could have some advice on what to include in a introductory/covering letter to a local employer?I know that I should include; my qualifications, that I am very keen and interested to enter the security inductry, ask if they have an oppotunity for me, and find out research about the security industry?But am not sure what entirely to include and what kind of research is good to put in?

Thanks!

James.

Archived